1993 viper brake upgrade info needed

ohiotj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have done a little searching and have not found anything for brake upgrades for my car. I just got it and the brakes are the biggest let down so far. I have seen some kits that move front setup to the rear but those are for gen 2 cars. Anyone know the best route to go that doesn't cost 3 grand. I think for the time being I am just going to get new pads, rotors, and new brake fluid and hope that can hold me over till I can save some money.

impalassed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Add new brake lines as well. I opted for stainless ones. The rest of my list is similar to yours.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done a little searching and have not found anything for brake upgrades for my car. I just got it and the brakes are the biggest let down so far. I have seen some kits that move front setup to the rear but those are for gen 2 cars. Anyone know the best route to go that doesn't cost 3 grand. I think for the time being I am just going to get new pads, rotors, and new brake fluid and hope that can hold me over till I can save some money.

This option is for GEN I cars as well.

Look here for some info
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/655480-Tom-s-40mm-brakes-Are-these-still-available

OP
OP
O

ohiotj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what does his kit have and how much is it? I can't seem to type his info in right.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front brakes remain unchanged. The rear brakes modified stock rear calipers. The piston in the rear caliper is resized to balance. The front and rear brakes work together now. The front tires longer smoke away.

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you considered instaling a set of "Green" brake pads? Woodhouse installed a set on my '93 a few years ago. They are an improvement over the original pads. I don't know who manufactures them. I am sure that Woodhouse and others can provide them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang