1996 GTS Value Increase?

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all of the talk about the possibility of no new GTS to be produced it made me wonder if the 96 GTS's and all GTS's for that matter would gain value. The 96 was the first to offer many of the things that make the current viper such a pleasure to own. It's trademark blue with white stripes are what a lot of people think of when they think of the GTS. I think there were somewhere around 2000 produced. Mine like most is in great shape with 11k miles on it. Makes me wonder if I should quit driving it, put it in a bubble, and wait for it to become what the original AC Cobra is today. $500,000 here I come!
bounce.gif

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary--I would take care of the car---but enjoy it. It seems to me that Chrysler built too many of them for them to ever be million dollar cars.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the 96's will be worth a bit more than the 97's due to the fact that the 96's are pace cars. Keep the stickers! One of my clients has a '92 and '96 with matching vins!(last 6). Look at the price of a '69 Camaro wh/or with houndstooth interior.(pace car). I don't think a "normal" GTS will increase in price. Some of the rare ones should fare better. dj

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Curiosity on the Pace Car issue.

Was there a special run of Pace Cars GTS's in 1996 that came with the stickers or were all 1996's considered "Pace Cars"?
Thanks</FONT f>

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron:
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Curiosity on the Pace Car issue.
Was there a special run of Pace Cars GTS's in 1996 that came with the stickers or were all 1996's considered "Pace Cars"?
Thanks</FONT f>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I WISH !

CAAP assured me that NO Vipers received stickers packed as a 1996 delivery. They were a dealer special order thru parts, NOT as a factory option, Check your window sticker if you need proof! The sticker sets were produced becasue the GTS was SUPPOSED to be released months before the race, but ended up several months late. "Leftovers" decals were given to MOST CAAP-pickup 1996 GTSs. Decals were sold at VOI-3 at Indy, and in Viper magazine.

[ I have a cherished set that golfer Johnny Miller refused when he did his CAAP pickup! Dodge Marketing helped me getem due to my pace-car work.]

IF YOU HAVE A SPARE SET: I'm BUYING/TRADING !

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I get the pace car decal kit for my '96 GTS from anyone? If anyone has the stickers and wants to sell them let me know. My GTS has 3800 miles and is perfect even the frame is shiny and control arms and the whole underside. Does low milage help with resale that much? The stripes are different width and they go through the license plate on the '96 GTS. No other GTS has stripes like the '96.

Best regards, Kenric

452rwhp
512rwt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4