1997 Dodge Viper RT-10

97ViperRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Work in Alberta, live on West Coast of BC and Ariz
I have a 1997 Dodge Viper RT-10 (red) with about 15,000 original miles on it.
I have owned the car about 15 years now and I'm the second Owner.
The car has never been raced or tracked and has no accidents, it is a very clean/original/low mileage car.
The car is original except the stereo and speakers have been upgraded using all the original cut-outs.
I'm considering selling this car and wanted some feedback from Members on the value of this car and if anyone knows of someone looking for this model??
Such a low number production year (117 cars) and only 64 red ones built should make this a pretty rare Viper.
Your comments and feedback is much appreciated.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Is the car in AZ or Canada? It should be worth $40K with that much mileage, but reality is probably $35K to the right buyer. GLWS.

MerlinsGarage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rare......yep. That year is the lowest build quantity and yet they haven't hit the collector's radar.

Will they appreciate? I am a Viper optimist. So yes I believe they will.

When? They are now classics entering antique status in a couple of years. The 1992 will be an antique in PA in 2017.

My guess is the 20-somethings who remember and loved these awesome cars will soon have the cabbage to realize their dreams. I'm not selling, but it would be nice to see the big-inch snake get the recognition it deserves.

It doesn't hurt to start the asking price higher than comparable '93-'96 and '98+.

Best of luck in your sale. :)

Bret.

ViperRT98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The value is subjective...

The value is really supply and demand... I own the 3rd lowest production year of the RT/10 which was 1 of 379 made world wide....

I believe our value may differ unless all Viper Owners come together and not low ball each other for value...

I will not want to sell my 98 for under 50k... I know no one will pay that for it....However if I really got into a situation where I had to sell I would take no less than 35K....

I would say 97 would be worth a little more than my 98 and would not take less than 38k if their is no accidents.. I know the value in 10-15 years will be worth it for me to hold onto this car... I plan to keep mine for the rest of my life... Well that is my plan...

Hope you keep it but don't short yourself trying to sell it either...

MerlinsGarage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said. These are like American Motors muscle cars. Slow to appreciate, but they will get there.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. I agree with Cwhiterun. However the B/W will be much more valuable. IMHO

MerlinsGarage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely.
Most of the 53 Viper Blue RT/10s went to VIPs. Chrysler and otherwise.

Don't even remember when I saw one for sale.

I talked to a guy who wanted a '97 matched set. He had the GTS. Had been looking for the convertible for years.