1997 Red GTS with yellow and gold wheels

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody here have either of these two cars? If yes, what are the responses from the public when they see it? Also if someone can direct me to some pictures of these two cars, as my hard drive failed on me and I am getting all new pictures.

Thanks in advance guys

-Steve

-Enthusiastic about them since 1992!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody here have either of these two cars? If yes, what are the responses from the public when they see it? Also if someone can direct me to some pictures of these two cars, as my hard drive failed on me and I am getting all new pictures.
Thanks in advance guys
-Steve
-Enthusiastic about them since 1992!

I'm thinking you mean the McVipers like Chad/V10speedluvr has? ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I hear, typically, people try to order a Big Mac and fries from Chad. So he runs to ******* to hide.
:D :D :D

LOL--that is funny...does he also wear the HUGE clown shoes when he drives...couldn't do it myself with those shoes!!! I prefer driving BAREFOOT!!! :drive: ~juli
**Poor Chad, being busted on here** ON-topic....that would be a McViper.

OP
OP
G

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have pictures of the RT/10 McViper. I'm looking for the GTS version. I know how Chad feels about the whole Big Mac situation, so I have offered a group buy on 1/4 pounders. Who wants'em? The new price is one Viper pic!

All joking aside, I know the GTS is rare for the yellow wheels and gold wheels packages, so if anyone has a pic that would be amazing. Unfortunately I didn't see any on here in the galleries or through google.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the viper registry there were 14 Coupes made with the yellow wheels on the red exterior in 1997. I know Tom from BTR has one, not sure if it is one of the originals or he added the wheels.

I don't think Steve is referring to the 96 McViper RT-10 that Chad has.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a Pic of one I lifted from the Alley.

MCGTS.jpg

OP
OP
G

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, Acceler8. That is the car I am looking for pics of. That and Juli. You found the second car I am looking for pics of.

The reason I am looking for all these pics, is I like having a collection of pics of all the years, different angles, different colours etc. For the GTS, these two are the hardest to find pics of. For RT/10s, I find the '97 RT/10 in Blue with white stripes, '96 black with silver, '95 red with tan and yellow with tan, along with the '97 red with gold and tan.

Eventually, I want to make a big powerpoint presentation with specs, colours produced, and lots of pics. Thanks all, you've been very helpful.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, very cool, Steve!!! That is an awesome photo collection you will have!! So you will be presenting a powerpoint session on Vipers? VERY cool!!! ~juli

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the viper registry there were 14 Coupes made with the yellow wheels on the red exterior in 1997. I know Tom from BTR has one, not sure if it is one of the originals or he added the wheels.

I don't think Steve is referring to the 96 McViper RT-10 that Chad has.

That sounds more like it. I knew there were more than two made.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So that's what a McViper is. I'm learning so much hanging around here :D

Please watch out from what you learn here. Some of these people (99 R/T 10 for one) are very evil and will lead you down the wrong path in life. Feel free to check with me and I'll let you know if they are misleading you or not :D

Now back to the question, I don't have any pics of a McGTS on my harddrive, but yes they do exist. Tom at BTR is the only one I know of and like was said, I'm not sure if he just added the wheels or if its an actual McGTS. I have seen one of the gold package cars at a carshow a couple years ago and I think the guy said his brother also had a gold package GTS. I believe he was a GA-VCA member but I had never seen him before then and I havent seen him since. The gold was like a matte shade, wheels didn't shine any. The yellow wheels are the opposite.

If anyone needs further information about McVipers, feel free to call my cell phone, as I wont be home. Or just call ******* and ask for my table :lmao:

OP
OP
G

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not doing a session or anything, just a powerpoint show as its something I enjoy doing and it has to do with what I enjoy. When I am done, If anyone wants this file, they may.

And in regards to Chad, he is NOT hiding....Just enjoying a night out away from the local fast food restaurant...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not doing a session or anything, just a powerpoint show as its something I enjoy doing and it has to do with what I enjoy. When I am done, If anyone wants this file, they may.
And in regards to Chad, he is NOT hiding....Just enjoying a night out away from the local fast food restaurant...

LOL--No, guess Chad would not be in hiding--he'd be in plain sight!!
As far as your powerpoint show, yeah, it'd be cool to have all those Vipers altogether. I'd love to personally see the show you present~~juli

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

Yes, mine is one of the 14 that were made, and that night time track picture was at a streettire shootout 4 years ago in Texas....as can be evidenced by the brake dust all over the wheels.

When I first bought mine, I thought it looked hideous compared to my brothers blue/white 1996 GTS, but it grew on my rapidly when I found out that it was one of only 14 ever made. And since then, it captures the eye of everyone who sees it, whether love or hate, but it isn't mistaken for anything else on the road.

I had a kid tell me one time, that it is a car that a "super hero" would drive........

Best of luck, if you want pics, I have dozens.

Thanks!

OP
OP
G

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tom,

If you could send me a few pictures of the McGTS, it would be greatly appreciated. At first when I saw the car in magazines, I thought it was a little weird. Now I look at the car and its "wow, its really cool!" Congrats on the 9 second run by the way, was at your website.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of the true "Gold Package" cars? Only 3 were built, all were RT-10's and had gold wheels, gold snake emblems on the sides of the hood, and tan interior. Those would be interesting to see!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of the true "Gold Package" cars? Only 3 were built, all were RT-10's...

You sure about that? The gold package I saw was definitely a red GTS

EDIT:

Here's the only pic I can find of the car I'm talking about. Sorry about the crappy lighting, I think I was using a disposable and the show was inside a dimly lit building. Is this not a real gold package car?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tom,

If you could send me a few pictures of the McGTS, it would be greatly appreciated. At first when I saw the car in magazines, I thought it was a little weird. Now I look at the car and its "wow, its really cool!" Congrats on the 9 second run by the way, was at your website.

Sure will, if you want to PM me your address, I can send you a DVD with lots of footage of the car at the track on stock wheels and CCW Wheels. You may also be able to dig up a DVD created from a race in Bowling Green Ky. 3-4 years ago. I won the street tire shootout there and a modified Viper class as well. Lots of footage on that DVD also. Dr. Roof may have a lead to that DVD. Also over at the "alley" I have a photo gallery and there are several galleries of viper gatherings and races that my Viper was at. Lots of photos! (ViperJedi is my username over there, you can find my photo gallery by searching "member galleries")

Take Care!

OP
OP
G

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clarification on the GTS Gold Package:

7 built and they were Viper Red with Black leather interior. All that made it gold, were the satin gold wheels and the Sneaky Pete emblem on the side...or at least this is the one I saw in person.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chucks_Viper_BBQ_078.jpg
There is another version of the "Gold and Red" .
I saw this one in Englishtown in 2002.
I assume that the production numbers are VERY low....

Chucks_Viper_BBQ_080.jpg

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sure about that? The gold package I saw was definitely a red GTS

EDIT:

Here's the only pic I can find of the car I'm talking about. Sorry about the crappy lighting, I think I was using a disposable and the show was inside a dimly lit building. Is this not a real gold package car?

Clarification on the GTS Gold Package:

7 built and they were Viper Red with Black leather interior. All that made it gold, were the satin gold wheels and the Sneaky Pete emblem on the side...or at least this is the one I saw in person.

Yes Chad, I am sure. The 7 GTS's ordered with Gold wheels were not "gold package" cars because they did not have the tan interior.

As per the International Viper Registry website:

'97: Three red '97 RT/10's were ordered with the "Gold Package" (gold sparkle wheels, and a gold snake emblems on the hood's sides) and a tan interior. This is the lowest factory shipped color combination to date.

'97: Fourteen yellow wheeled GTS's, and seven gold wheeled (not gold package, these did not have tan interiors) GTS's manufactured.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is another picture of the gold wheeled GTS. This is my favorite picture of the car, it was taken by "ski racer" located right here in beautiful Colorado. He had two, and was trying to sell one awhile back.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard of Premier's cars...looks like this '97 GTS certainly held its value...gorgeous!
~juli
Blows my mind!!! How can these people buy a car for $70k(97 dollars) store it as a collector for 10 years and 1700 miles then sell it for $20k less. I don't get it?? I bought my low mile Viper to drive every sunny day I can. I keep seeing these "investment" Vipers everywhere. Am I missing something?? Our are they just nice guys buying and saving the car for the next generation?:confused: :drive: :rolaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog