1999-2002 ACR?

ACR Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm currently looking into buying the second half of my two dream cars. I currently own a '04 Z06 and now i'm looking for a ACR.

I know a few people hear can't stomach Corvette's, but i'm a car guy and i love all fast cars, but the Z06 and ACR are by far my two favorite cars! :usa:

I find that the ACR and Z06 are pretty much the same type of car for their respective brands: race track versions of the "standard" model.

I tried looking at the newer Gen 3 and 4 cars, but they just don't do it for me like the GTS does, and i'm sticking to my plan i set out years ago when these cars were brand new!!

I just want some detailed information on the 1999-02 ACR's. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

My two top color choice's are Silver w/ Blue Stripes or Yellow w/ Black Stripes aka "Bumblebee", I'm leaning more towards the silver, since my Z06 is yellow.

Patrick :2tu:

Last edited:

DWR46

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go to the Registry section of this forum and look under Build Info to find how many were built by year and color. I have a 2001 ACR, and find it is the harshest riding of all my Vipers, but I have helped it qiute a bit by working with the shock adjustments. Some people install softer rear springs to address this, but I wanted to keep my car all stock and have the total ACR experience. I think people are really missing the boat with the ACR, as only about 818 were built, making them the rarest of all Vipers after the GT-2 cars. In today's automotive collectible world 800 cars is a very smaill number. Get your ACR now, before everybody else figures it out.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a sil/blu I believe they were only made in 99 and I'm not sure how many ACR's were made. My guess would be in the teens. You also need to figure out if you want forged motor, ABS, etc....

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want some detailed information on the 1999-02 ACR's. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.
My two top color choice's are Silver w/ Blue Stripes or Yellow w/ Black Stripes aka "Bumblebee", I'm leaning more towards the silver, since my Z06 is yellow.

Sorry, the forum search engine doesn't presently allow searches on three letter words like ACR.
Here is a good start:
http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...whats-difference-between-regular-gts-acr.html

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...st-bought-acr-gts-need-history-about-acr.html

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/603184-acr-gts.html

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/613564-acr-owners-they-problematic.html

Definitely, go for it! I like having a car that is not commonly seen out there on the streets. You do get that with a "regular" Viper; but the ACR goes just another step with more uniqueness. It certainly is a conversation starter. You could also just modify a regular Viper to your own tastes. The ACR was pretty much what I was looking for without mods.

By the way, Graphite Gray with Silver stripes is the BEST color combination. Just ask anyone that owns one.:2tu:

Last edited:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2001 ACR, and find it is the harshest riding of all my Vipers, but I have helped it qiute a bit by working with the shock adjustments. Some people install softer rear springs to address this, but I wanted to keep my car all stock and have the total ACR experience. I think people are really missing the boat with the ACR, as only about 818 were built, making them the rarest of all Vipers after the GT-2 cars. In today's automotive collectible world 800 cars is a very smaill number. Get your ACR now, before everybody else figures it out.

I agree with all but the ride part. I actually like the stiffer ride. To each his own.

By the way, Graphite Gray with Silver stripes is the BEST color combination. Just ask anyone that owns one.:2tu:

About 77 of us would disagree with this assertion ;)

20070424_0006.JPG

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR rides a LOT firmer than your 04 Z06. Much more of a track oriented car. Which is not to say the ACR is better or quicker or anything like that, only that the ACR suspension is firm and somewhat more uncomfortable than your Vette. Silver/blue ACR was only offered in 1999 and in ACR configuration are very difficult to find.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This color combo was produced in 99 and 2000. The 99 and first half of 00 had the forged internals. There were 35 made in 99 and I believe 30 or so in 2000. This color combo consisently sells for a premium over the the others, in those years.

Not saying it is the most popular, but according to Woodhouse Dodge it is the most valuable and sells for a premium (5% or so all things equal), so you figure it out :)

You must be registered for see images attach

You can't go wrong with any of them though!

You must be registered for see images attach

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before anymore people get confused lets clear up something, silver was only offered in 1998 and 1999 for the second generation Vipers. There were 288 Silver GTS coupes built in 1998, and 250 built in 1999. There were 127, 1998 silver RT10s built in 1998 and 211 silver RT 10s built in 1999. According to Maurice Liang's Viper buyers guide and CAAP records.

There were no ACRs built for the public in 1998. In 1999 there were 81 silver ACRs built. I am not aware of a published figure for 99 silver/blue ACRs? However out of the 250 sliver 1999 GTS coupes built a total of 87 had the factory blue stripes. So the 1999 silver/blue ACR figure must be less than 81?

In 2000 a steel grey color was offered perhaps thats why people think there was a 2000 silver option?

Last edited:

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver with blue stripes ACR were only built in 1999, and if the registry is correct, looks like only 30 were built.
2000-2002 ACR's came with Dynamic shocks with 1100 lb springs in the back, that's why they ride a lot stiffer than a GTS or RT/10. The '99's came with Koni's with 750 lb springs in the back, they are still stiff, but not as harsh as the 1100 lb springs.

You must be registered for see images

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alternative,
Thats good information about the spring rates on the 99 and later ACRs. I wondered why my 02 felt stiffer than my old 99 ACR. I thought I was just getting old.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice combo of cars you want to get there. Of course I may be a little bit biased since I have a 02 Z06 in the garage keeping my 01 Sapphire/Silver company. I didn't go ACR since everybody warned me about the ride and shock issues but suspect I would have been happy either way and actually almost pulled the trigger on a couple of ACR's.

Dealmaker has one of the nicest Sapphire/Silver ACR's for sale if you decide to go with that color. I think Sapphire is one of the nicest colors the Viper was made in but again I may be biased. I also like the Graphite, Steel Gray, and Silver.

Good luck with your search and feel free to ask any questions.

OP
OP
A

ACR Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies :D

Now i have some tools to start researching my next car. Seeing as there were only 81 Silver/Blue ACR's made, i guess i should just forget about that color combo right now. Whatever ACR i pick though, IT MUST HAVE STRIPES!! ;)

I really like all of the colors available for the ACR, i just fear with the BummbleBee, i'm just asking for trouble. :omg: I get alot of attention in my yellow C5 Z06, and there alot of C5's on the road, i can't imagine having a yellow Viper.:omg: I love yellow on any car, so i might end up with it anyways. :lmao:

I'm currently adding some go fast part's to my Z06, so the ACR will come soon after that. Until then i will search as best as i can for all the info i need, it's good to know if i have any question's, i can post them up here and get the answer's i'm looking for :cool:.

OP
OP
A

ACR Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice combo of cars you want to get there. Of course I may be a little bit biased since I have a 02 Z06 in the garage keeping my 01 Sapphire/Silver company.

You have my dream garage!!! :headbang:

Anyway's, i don't mind the ACR being a bit firmer, i understand race cars are firmer than other cars on the road, but i was shocked that the Z06 had such a nice ride for a track car.

Even with the Viper in the low 40's & 50's you still don't see them around, and that's a great thing! I bet i will never run into another ACR set aside from a club meeting. :smirk:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have my dream garage!!! :headbang:

Anyway's, i don't mind the ACR being a bit firmer, i understand race cars are firmer than other cars on the road, but i was shocked that the Z06 had such a nice ride for a track car.

Even with the Viper in the low 40's & 50's you still don't see them around, and that's a great thing! I bet i will never run into another ACR set aside from a club meeting. :smirk:

Yes, it is my dream garage also. The only way it could get better is to add a F GT to the mix.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was only 30 Silver/blue ACR's made in 99 and i know of 2 personally that have been totalled. So make that 28 or less out there. Im just glad i got mine when i did :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc