1BADGTS, I Went 10.931 @ 129.33 mph in my stock 2008 Viper on street tires

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS, you offered to rent out a track to try and run a 10 second pass in Englishtown saying it was impossible on a street tire, but thankfully I did it right here at home. It's time for you to tuck that tail between your legs and run away.

First off, I have to thank Dodge and the entire SRT group for building a car that has been the most reliable, and powerful car I have ever owned. I don't believe any of your test engineers could possibly drive this car harder than I have in the past 34 months of ownership. Today, for instance, I drove back and forth from work (25 miles each way in rush hour traffic) then drove to the track, made several LOW 11 sec passes, and finally ran the 10.931. After which, I loaded my stuff up, and drove to dinner to celebrate. I have also taken the car out on a road course, shopping duty, and anything else most Viper owners would take a Kia for. You guys should be very proud of the product you have delivered, at a very reasonable price point. Thank you Ralph and team!

Gotta say that Nitto did a great job when designing the Invo's. They are cheap, they last a very long time, and they grip very well. I will state for the thousandth time, that these tires do not do as well as the PS2's in corners, but you can't beat this tire for every day comfort, long life, and most importantly: straight line grip, even at a price point a few hundred dollars cheaper than the PS2. Even after being on my car for almost 2 years, being used for more than 20,000 miles, and going through several heat cycles, this tire did excellent tonight.

Also, a huge thanks to the staff at Dallas Raceway in Crandall, TX. This was just a normal test and tune night, and they did a fantastic job of prepping the track for what was going to be, just a bunch of guys using their street tires to ruin a nice launching area.

To speedfreak and anyone else out there shooting for a particular number, good luck to you guys. The density calculator was right on the money for me, using my 11.46 pass in a much higher DA, and adjusting it for what it would be in great DA. I went from a 11.46 @ 122 mph to a 10.931 @ 129.33 mph.

Slip of pass:

You must be registered for see images attach

Video: I have to warn you, there is music at the beginning and end that you may not like, but no music during the passes. There's also an in car camera view at the VERY end of the video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kp0yjz2jI4[/media]

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job Jason! I'll take some credit by helping you practice your high speed driving while in Austin.... :D

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Outstanding! Great driving! 1 bad will definitely deam this impossible since his boyfriend didn't do it. Great job buddy!

Last edited:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can see the power really kick in at 330' and on. Now lets get some 00 on that RT. Nice run. Cool video.

Last edited:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

There is a viperclub.com member in a corner crying somewhere

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
flatout, yes...the tire is NOT OEM for that car. thats what 1bad and others will say. its a record with an asterick

i say, good for him and way to go.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1bad will simply say it means nothing because his boytoy idol wasn't driving.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious under those conditions and that "cheater" street tire that someone better would have had that car in the 10.7s at least going 133...what a waste.

:)

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is Bad Azzzzzzzzz.

2008 Viper SRT 10 Coupe
2009 Corvette ZR1
2010 Ford SVT Raptor 6.2

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great driving, and awesome times!! You have one strong beast there! What did she dyno @?

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to GO!!!! In my eyes, thats totally stock! Hopefully 1bad is gone for good. I'd hate to see yet another thread ruined by him.

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Jason...badass driving 1.7's on an old street tire with 20+ thousand miles...crazy!

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job Jason! I'll take some credit by helping you practice your high speed driving while in Austin.... :D
We are going to have to practice again in about 5 months. Hope your "brakes" don't kick in too early again :D
You can see the power really kick in at 330' and on. Now lets get some 00 on that RT. Nice run. Cool video.
I purposely waited for them to get out, so I could focus on a good launch. My intention was to focus on a sub 11 e.t., with my street tire, not beating the guy in the next lane. I have pretty decent R/T most of the other time :D. Also, my friend Mike was there cutting 1.8x 60's on his modded 08 with fairly new Invo's. The track and those tires = win!
dang impressive, good for you.

way to go !

unfortunately it is not a bone stock SRT
Yep, knew it wasn't exactly factory stock, and have no problem admitting it. That's the way the car has been for practically all it's life, I've been intent on showing how good these cars perform stock. Many people at the track were amazed to find out I didn't have any mods!
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

There is a viperclub.com member in a corner crying somewhere
:rolaugh:
It annoyed me to no end how negative he was, and close minded about reality.
Hey Jason! Great runs and a very entertaining video! Congratulations:2tu::2tu:

Bill
Thank you so much Bill!!
Great driving, and awesome times!! You have one strong beast there! What did she dyno @?
560whp stock, 553whp without the mufflers. I contemplated adding them on for these passes, but decided against it. About to head to a dyno day today, I will see what she runs there.
Congrats Jason...badass driving 1.7's on an old street tire with 20+ thousand miles...crazy!

Thanks Mike, you inspired me with your very first pass of the night running an 11.07 to my 11.195!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R