$1M for a Corvette and only $125 for a Viper?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole hype of the ZR1 Supercharger design is that the air to air exchangers are on top of the engine attached to the supercharger, not mounted in another spot up front where it can pick up heat in the engine bay travelling to and from.

I don't understand the plexiglass window. They say it is to show off the pieces underneath AND becuase the plexiglass window has a different heat exchange capability than the rest of the hood allowing for that spot on the hood to be much cooler when at speed. Maybe, but if that si the case, I would have just painted it the body color so it blends better. How much different heat characteristic can a painted plasticpiece have over a non-painted plastic piece. I feel they could have created cooler airflow to accomplish the same thing. Functional or not, I don't like plasticky pieces on the cars. It is, well cheap.

As far as the missed marketing opportunity, I still feel they missed it, but that is just an opinion. Can't please everyone.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told by some high level GM execs that the clear cover on the hood is a deception device. Because after the roof peels off at speed, the corvette owners will still be concentrating on their gold chain reflection in the hood.
J/K I might pick one up to park next to the acr i have ordered, my next door neighbor owns a chevy dealership among others and says he will be getting 2.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The whole hype of the ZR1 Supercharger design is that the air to air exchangers are on top of the engine attached to the supercharger, not mounted in another spot up front where it can pick up heat in the engine bay travelling to and from.

Sounds like any work done on that engine will be painful and expensive.

V

Venomiss

4 Days left for that ACR....$125

You must be registered for see images