1st Weekend with Viper

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished my first weekend of Viper ownership, having received a 2000 GTS last Friday. Of all the cars I have owned, never have I received so many looks and comments. The occasional comment was what I expected, but people pointing and kids waving is far more than I had planned.

Over the course of one weekend there were more people either giving me the thumbs up or revving their engine than I had encountered in an entire year of Ferrari ownership.

This car is exceeding my expectations in every way! Did I just have an unusually enjoyable weekend as a new owner or is this sort of stuff common (with more to come)?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott J:
........This car is exceeding my expectations in every way! Did I just have an unusually enjoyable weekend as a new owner or is this sort of stuff common (with more to come)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been a Viper Owner for 408 weekends. Let me tell you about the WORST:
It was FANTASTIC !! And still is! The excitment remains.

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it gets embarrassing at times. i had a cop jokingly tell me he should give me a ticket for disturbing the peace. cars stopping in the middle of a turn...people runnin into other cars and into curbs while gawking. people beeping their horns at others in that trance. you'll get used to it. life is tuff ain't it?

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to life with a Viper!!
I used to think I got a lot of head turns and finger pointing when I walked my St. Bernard through town. It's nothing compared to driving my car. It's just the excitement and novelty of people seeing something that they don't often get to see.
Enjoy your time in the "limelight".

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, TIE your Shoe-laces TIGHT your going for the best RIDE OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!
BURNOUT.gif

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just hope your wife understands the three hour trip around the corner for milk! Enjoy!
cool.gif
(by the way, isn't this about the time "Beldar" Kinder shows up? Wasn't he a driving school instructor too?)

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the nice part about taking the your viper to the market is the kids who go get the carts are more that happy to stand around and babysit the car for you while you shop!!!!usually at Wegmans here in the Buffalo NY area I have 3-4 (shopping cart wranglers) guarding the car!!! now that is what I call worry free shopping!!!and yes you would be surprised how much stuff you can get in cockpit of the R/T!!!

OP
OP
S

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. 'BYEUALL' (aka Don Parsons): I will make a note to attend one of the upcoming gatherings in the bay area. I work in San Jose and live in San Ramon, thus I'm well within a short drive of the meeting locations. I'll also visit the NorCal regional site and plan to speak with you in the near future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery