"2" new land speed records set---SRT-4 motor

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"2\" new land speed records set---SRT-4 motor

We just got back from Bonneville and we set "2" new land speed records with our RaceDeck Roadster- A 32 roadster powered by a 2.4 litre Blown Mopar- Over 600 hp at the wheel( same motor as in the SRT-4....well sort of, built by Daryl Cox and Hinckley Dodge...Here is what we did;
F class = 123 to 183 cubic inch ( 2.01 to 3.0 L)

BSTR= Blown Street Roadster ( full dress- rear fenders, lights, and open front grill)

BGR = Blown Gas Roadster ( no lights, fenders and blocked grill - no streamlining or belly pan allowed)

Timed mile average speed- you are timed for the full length of a mile to get an average speed- then you have to back it up with a return run and then they average the two speeds

The Results

F/BSTR- Old record 142.825 mph - NEW RECORD 184.687 mph

F/BGR – Old record 146.887 mph – NEW RECORD 187.107 mph

See you next month at the World of Speed were we are going after the 200 mph plus in the F / Gas Roadster class and again in the street roadster

OP
OP
R

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I will try to upload a few pictures of the roadster.
we can run the boost anywhere from 21 psi to 33 psi. We are heading back out in a few weeks and I am going to try and get it over the 200 mph as a 'street roadster'. We are alos talking with the boys at MOPAR Racing on building an SRT-4 for next year....which should do well over 200 mph ( current record in that class is 202 mph - Blown Coupe 2.0 to 3.0 litre

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Congratulations to Jorgen, Dave Harris, Hinckley Dodge, Mopar Performance, and Cox racing. That is some accomplishment you made.

What was it like to drive that thing at over 200mph for some stretches? I can't imagine the wind noise with no top at those speeds.

Simple incredible.

Good luck on breaking the 200MPH club there!!
Todd

OP
OP
R

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Thanks Todd,
It was a rush.... Nothing like "drifting" on the salt at 200 mph...I can't wait till I get Dave Harris to do a few more tricks to my GTS this winter.... especially After seeing what we can get out the blown SRT-4 motor..
If I could figure out how to post a picture I would....

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Congradulations. You have gotten some serious power out of that four ******.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Email me the pictures and I will post them or you can try to upload to the media gallery. After you have uploaded the picture come to this thread and hit reply and at the bottom of the page there will be an icon that says image. Click on it(image icon) and then open another internet browser window. Go to the media gallery and click on the picture to bring it up and then right click on the picture and go to properties.There will be an address of where the picture is at. Copy that to the window that pops up with a url address for the picture and your done.

If you can't figure it out email me the pictures and I will post them.
[email protected]

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"2\" new land speed records set---SRT-4 motor

238MOPARENGINE.JPG

238startlinerecordrun.JPG

238frontroadster.JPG

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: \"2\" new land speed records set---SRT-4 motor

Wow, that little motor is a gem, but you guys have awarded it 10 Carat Status!!
Congrats and keep us all posted -- neat news!

OP
OP
R

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: We are heading out

WE ARE LOADING UP THIS WEEK AND GETTING READY TO HEAD BACK OUT TO THE SALT FOR THE 'WORLD OF SPEED'. WE HAVE MADE A FEW CHANGES IN THE SET UP AND WILL TRY TO BUMP UP OUR RECORD IN THE 'STREET ROADSTER' TO OVER THE 200 MPH MARK. AND THEN TAKE OFF THE FENDERS AND LIGHTS AND BLOCK THE GRILL WITH AN CONED INSERT AND GO AFTER THE 'MODIFIED GAS ROADSTER' RECORD....
I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW WE END UP.....

OP
OP
R

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: WE HIT 200MPH!

Just back from World Of Speed and we went over the 200 MPH mark.

I entered into the F/Blown Gas Modified Roadster ( we take if the lights and rear fenders and add a grill insert).
1st pass- 198.904 mph
return pass- 299.053 mph
average for record- 199.478mph
(OLD RECORD- 143.767mph 1998)

We also bumped up our existing street roadster record to 188.652mph - we actually ran 193.5 mph in the 1st pass and then blew a turbo hose on the return losing massive BOOST and went 183.997mph....So we are going after it again next month.
We are also going after the 200 mph club and a new record next month!