2" seat lowering kit

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After breaking my nuts to get this installed, not sure im liking it much. Will give it some time, but i dont like how it bumps you up a bit. Dont let anyone tell you this is a piece of cake to do. Even with my lift and vert it was a PITA to do. And there's no way to get a socket on the back 2 bolts. Open end wrench took me about 15 minutes to tighten these. If i go back to stock it would take me half the time.
One more thing, i have brand new cup tires on the car, these are friggin dangerous in anything under 60 degrees. Definately not for cold weather, most of you know that anyway.

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was considering buying one of these but after fining out it causes broken nuts I think I'll pass....my nuts are already thanking me.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To get a socket on the back bolts you have to unhook the seat side metal runners. Takes time but you can get a socket on it.

Sorry just realized this was SRT forum, not Gen 2, disregard.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used the open end wrench method, takes a lot of patience. Thank God i have a vert, it made the job so much easier. I has no problem linig up the seat to the studs. I measured quite a few times to get it right.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you use an extension you can go down between the seat back and seat bottom to get to the nuts. ;-)
Ya i tried getting in there with my extension, it just did not work out for me. But i got it done, and with no damage. I bet the track weights about 15lbs. lol

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well a couple of things to let people know. Obviously its tougher getting out of the car, it definately puts you closer to the dash, it is more confy, but it will take time getting used to. And im not sure i like where my elbow sits when driving. I like to lean it on the door, and now its like *** my arm is way up high.
But overall with everything else, time will tell.

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well a couple of things to let people know. Obviously its tougher getting out of the car, it definately puts you closer to the dash, it is more confy, but it will take time getting used to. And im not sure i like where my elbow sits when driving. I like to lean it on the door, and now its like *** my arm is way up high.
But overall with everything else, time will tell.

Yup, I agree that it drops your left arm down -- I find now that it's comfortable on the arm rest instead of the top of the door. But I sure enjoy being able to look out the windshield and not have my view dominated by the window frame! : )

For anyone else doing this, I agree that with extensions (like 24" worth) and a u-joint at the bottom, the rear nuts are a cinch. The front ones were what were the most difficult for me.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup, I agree that it drops your left arm down -- I find now that it's comfortable on the arm rest instead of the top of the door. But I sure enjoy being able to look out the windshield and not have my view dominated by the window frame! : )

For anyone else doing this, I agree that with extensions (like 24" worth) and a u-joint at the bottom, the rear nuts are a cinch. The front ones were what were the most difficult for me.
It was just the opposite for me when it came to the nuts on the seat mount..lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang