20" Rims & Tires???

BDAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20\" Rims & Tires???

Does anybody know of any good deals on 20" rims & tires??? (new or used) I really like the chrome Startech's, but $10k is a bit much. HRE 547's are pretty sweet too!!! Just figured I would check before I spend a shitload on rims and rubber.

(1999 RT/10)

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 20\" Rims & Tires???

Mike was posting these a while back. So you could give him a call to see what's available.

Wheels :usa:

OP
OP
B

BDAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 20

Thanks J,

I'll have to check out the link and hopefully I'll be posting some pics of the "dubs" sooner than later.

(1999 RT/10)

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As far as I know, HRE is building some 20r/19f and 19/19 sets right now, but no 20/20's. Check with Mike or JonB, as they have both special ordered a few sets. I'm not sure anyone plans on stocking them. I believe Startech has the only 20/20's.

SnakeAv8r

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I bought a set of 20 front and rear HRE 547r's from Jonb at partsrack. Mike Adams also seemed to get a set or 2 of the 20's from HRE. Mine were about 3 grand less than the Startechs or I would have bought those too. Make sure to turn your wheels one way or the other before opening the hood after you get them. Get a line on the 345/25/20 rear tires ASAP as they are not common.
good luck
You must be registered for see images

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sharp looking Viper. When you put 20" wheels on, do you then not have to lower the Viper? Or does lowering still give it that extra edge that, without lowering, it would not have? If your Viper is lowered, how much did you lower it?

OP
OP
B

BDAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Robert,

Your car looks so awesome!!! I'm afraid to post pics of my stock 1999 RT/10 against something like that!!! So until I get 20's I'm laying low. I talked with Jon B today and he was trying to convince me to buy some 19" wheels instead. He mentioned that the 20's are more of a show wheel and that they are really hard to come by and it could be up to 8 weeks delivery. But after looking at your 20's it's gonna be tough to buy those 19's. How long did you have to wait and did you notice any decrease in performace once you installed the 20's??? Thanks in advance.

Chris (a.k.a. BDAWG)

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

chris, i have 19" hre's and i love them! you cant go wrong with either im sure! i saved a few grand im sure by buying the 19s and i believe that the 19's perform better than the 20s, 18s better than 19s, etc.....

SnakeAv8r

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It is not lowered only because I ran out of viper money. Also Jonb didn't want to sell me anything to lower it before we knew what we had. Now that a few guys have 20's, I would like to hear what has worked and what rubbed. I think I'll start with the 1/2 inch lower on all 4 corners and get the 150 lbs. of stereo in the back and see where I'm at. I had to wait about 8 weeks but hre r series 20's did not exist at the time. I put hedders and cat back on at the same time so I can't speak about performance until I dyno it. I think the 19's look just as good and ride a bit better. Jon is right, but it has to be 547R's! Good luck and check out this pic I stole from this board. This has 19's but with the old double lip HRE 547's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX