2001 Sapphire & Silver GTS for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the honor of being the original owner of a 2001 sapphire blue and silver striped GTS for 18 years, but it's now time to move on. Simply don't find the time to drive it, and it's a shame to leave it sit in the garage. It's set up for light track use, but I never really got out more than a couple weekends.

Photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2tS32Trnk54mHmpq7

Some details:
  • 41.5k miles
  • Target price of $40k
  • Always garage kept
  • Clean title in hand
  • Excellent condition
  • Very minor wear and tear as you'd expect
  • Recent carfax report if you want it
  • Serviced by Ted May at Valaya Racing in San Jose, CA
Some minor mods:
  • Corsa cat-back exhaust
  • Roll bar
  • Short shifter knob (can include original)
  • Skip shift delete
  • Tow hooks
  • Breather kit
  • 5-point Ram Pack race harness
  • Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires from 2015, but few miles on them
Figured I'd list it here first, then go to eBay or auction if no takers from the VCA. Happy to answer any questions, arrange local inspection if desired, shipping from Oregon would be responsibility of the buyer.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it be hard to remove the roll bars and convert the seat belts back to original? Does it have the original brakes? I might be interested.

seagaro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
  • Serviced by Ted May at Valaya Racing in San Jose, CA

I use him, he is great! I live a little closer than you.

65Silverfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bummer. Had you posted this two weeks ago I would have bought your 2001 instead of the 2002 I just brought home on Monday. It’s perfect for what I want to do with the car. Good luck with the sale!

OP
OP
silverviper

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it be hard to remove the roll bars and convert the seat belts back to original? Does it have the original brakes? I might be interested.

Roll bar would be difficult to remove indeed. Original seat belts are still in place. I mostly keep the harness tucked behind and under the seat, and use the originals for comfort and convenience. That said, it's four bolts to remove the seat and then two anchors to remove the harness entirely, maybe 30 minutes of work. The brake calipers and rotors are original/OEM, it's just a different pad. You could easily swap in OEM pads in 30 minutes also.

OP
OP
silverviper

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bummer. Had you posted this two weeks ago I would have bought your 2001 instead of the 2002 I just brought home on Monday. It’s perfect for what I want to do with the car. Good luck with the sale!

Aw, sorry I missed you! Hope you love your 2002.

65Silverfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's funny is that I was literally just up on the Oregon coast as close to you as Pacific City two weeks ago when I put the deposit on my 2002. I could have driven yours home. X^)

MtyMous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did this ever sell? That price is low and someone would be getting a hell of a deal

NathanR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be interested. Hard to DM on this message board, email me - nathanrose1 @ Yahoo.com

Thanks

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I may be interested. Hard to DM on this message board, email me - nathanrose1 @ Yahoo.com

Thanks
@NathanR Click on the person name and select, start a conversation. If their email is good and they haven’t turned off site notifications the system will send them an email

NathanR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He must have that feature turned off, check it out. Nothing there. I see yours there. Essentially there is no way to contact this seller.

OP
OP
silverviper

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your interest, I have sent an email and will look into my account settings. I was not aware there is a special setting needed to receive messages and only check this site periodically. Looking forward to catching up.

Status
Not open for further replies.