2001 vs. 2002

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have red because I just like red on a Viper, but the better investment is yellow in my opinion.

Last edited:

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hold the boat...Are they both RT/10's? If not, I'd go with a red GTS. :)

I am biased toward the GTS! But, if it is just between color, yellow.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have red because I like ted, but the better investment is yellow in my opinion.

I like Ted too, one of the most knowledgeable Viper guys I have ever known.

I agree, go YELLOW!!!!

Black stripes, black wheels:)

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, now we're getting somewhere, is this a Red vs. Yellow thread or a GTS vs RT thread....yay, its a combo!:D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted? Is he still around?

In other news, this appears to have now succumb to the proverbial which color is best syndrome as the OP has selected the car. AKA, this thread is burnt toast.

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, now we're getting somewhere, is this a Red vs. Yellow thread or a GTS vs RT thread....yay, its a combo!:D

Sorry....should have been more clear in the beginning of the thread....I was referring to RT/10's....:drive:

And now I just have to figure out the best shipping company to have it shipped from Georgia to Arizona...will use the Search feature to do some quick research. Would LOVE to have my new machine in time for an Arizona VCA event on January 22 (breakfast and cruise to Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale, AZ)...:2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shipping is touchy....you should definitely post to find out what shipping companies are recommended by the members. Personally, if I had to do it over again, I would have had my car shipped in an enclosed trailer (shipped from S. Carolina to CT). My car arrived safe and sound, but still I think covered is much better.:D

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO QUESTIONS ASKED FROM ME...YELLOW LAST YEAR BY A MILE..YOU SEE RED ALL THE TIME..IVE NEVER EVEN SEEN A YELLOW GTS BUT HAVE SEEN A FEW REDS..then last year is well the last year. Means nothing o some and a lot to some. Means a lot to me

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have voted RED. I like having one of the only yellow RT/10's running around here....

Too funny...and sorry about that. We'll have to hook up sometime and cruise the Arizona streets. Are you going to the AZ VCA event to Barrett Jackson on Jan. 22? Maybe we could lead the caravan together... :drive:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, what silver did you pick? The Gen II Silver or the Bright Silver of the Gen III? Both provide significant areodynamic advantages... :eater:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no bad Vipers! Buy the one that looks the best or your significant other likes-you will be happier in the long run LOL!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK everyone....the votes have been tallied and I decided to go with the.........*drum roll, please*......

Yellow '02 RT/10.

Just called and "made the deal" over the phone. Now, it's a matter of getting some shipping quotes (from Georgia to Arizona)...

Thanks again, everyone! It's gonna be a great 2011! :2tu:

i vote for the Yellow '02 RT/10

1/1/11

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you made the right decision. Nothing like a yellow RT10. I bet you cannot wait for it to arrive. I was going to say spring but then realized you are in Arizona.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes!!!!!!!another yellow open air viper owner..congrats!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the yellow, that was almost my first viper. however the best choice
of 2001 / 2002 would have been 2002 graphite rt/10 :) jmho. lol

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you made the right decision. Nothing like a yellow RT10. I bet you cannot wait for it to arrive. I was going to say spring but then realized you are in Arizona.

Thanks...can't wait, since it is perfect cruising weather over here, most of the year (except for the 120 degree summers...no joke)!

I am getting quotes from several different transport companies: Passport, Intercity, Cats Express, Reliable, Dependable, Horseless Carriage, and maybe one other one. They seemed to all be closed today, so will try again tomorrow. Hopefully some of them will give a VCA discount....

Urhuckleberry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks...can't wait, since it is perfect cruising weather over here, most of the year (except for the 120 degree summers...no joke)!

I am getting quotes from several different transport companies: Passport, Intercity, Cats Express, Reliable, Dependable, Horseless Carriage, and maybe one other one. They seemed to all be closed today, so will try again tomorrow. Hopefully some of them will give a VCA discount....

Congrats on your choice...I just took delivery of my '02 yellow RT/10 last month. Was a little overwhelmed with all the shipping options, however, I went with Passport Transport...They gave a VCA discount. Got the recommendation from the fellow members of VCA. Enclosed and GPS tracking of the hauler from time of pick up to drop off! Can't go wrong with them.

They did an outstanding job and others in here will certainly vouch for that. Another nice piece of mind is their drivers are responsible for first $2500 damage to each vehicle they transport, so you can believe they will take great care of you Viper.

If you go with Passport, tell John Bray (JB) hi...he's a great guy!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that "fellow" members of the VCA or "yellow" members of the VCA?:rolaugh:

I rolled a RED tomato and a YELLOW lemon down the driveway, for an unbiased race for what color was fastest!

Of course, the RED tomato won.....

:bolt:

:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960