2003-2006 Mopar power kit (cam, exhaust,and controller) Comments?

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
anybody here have the Race Exhaust (P4510176) Race Controller (P4510172AB) and Race Camshaft (P4510171)?

I have no emmissions where i live and could pull it off if somebody was to recommend it.....

I will be in the market for it too just incase somebody is looking to sell :)

I think this would be more fun than just a gen 4 muffler upgrade.....

Reaction score
The exhaust and PCM can be had in 4 days the cam is in negative stock right now so probably a custom order from supplier. I can do a VCA discount on all of it.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My only comment is you would have to be crazy to spend the money on those Mopar parts when the aftermarket can supply substantially better parts at the same cost.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the exhaust and love it.
I wouldn't bother with the controller (get an SCT and tune), and if you're going to deal with the labor on a cam, I would look at some other options.
Just my opinions.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have the race exhaust w/cat delete. Single blade throttle body and SCT tune from ROE to match. the car runs absolutely killer. The only issue with the race exhaust is, it's not beautiful looking like a corsa or borla, although I think that borla is the manufacturer. The pipes coming out look kinda raw. (it's a race exhaust, not a show exhaust) Who cares, unless you're a poser, or a car show guy. -for an extra two grand it can look nice? .....whatever.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I think the race cam is only good for another 6-8 HP. For that, why bother. Also the SCT tune doesn't stop the cackle on decel. I think the Mopar pcm does. -that's one of my favorite things about the car.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I think the race cam is only good for another 6-8 HP. For that, why bother. Also the SCT tune doesn't stop the cackle on decel. I think the Mopar pcm does. -that's one of my favorite things about the car.

The SCT can be made to do delete the same thing if someone didnt want it to.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you'll want the SCT. I believe it's a few hundred dollars less, and you get 3 tunes, plus the ability to return to stock without any parts swapping. Also, if things aren't quite right, guys like Sean Roe (if you get the tuner from him) can e-mail you a different tune. If you go with the Mopar pcm, you put the thing in the car and hope you like everything it does. If you go with Roe, talk to them on the phone, let them know what you've done to the car, and they'll hook you up. If you change something later on, they can adjust the tune. I know this isn't as effective as tuning on a dyno, but it's the next best thing.