2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 / NEWS FOR ORDERING!!

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting news. I just received the fax they sent to all the dealers on what is going on. Largely it reflects what the buyers have been told, with a few interesting tidbits:
1) There will be a special order form created. Something tells me there will be a space for the cert # on this form.
2) The form must be completed on or before march 1. On that date, the cert requirement will be lifted ("if there is any production remaining")
3) It tells the dealer who is in negotiations with someone to get a car to urge the buyer to call the 800# to get their cert no later than 1/10

This tells me those not "qualifying" despite their best efforts to get to "#1" on the list won't be getting a car. Kind of sad really, but I don't know how a dealer could get around this, they make it very clear they will only be taking this special form for this car. But hey, if you can get around it, more power to ya.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This situation illustrates even better the fact that dealers who say they can get you the car, just give them your deposit, are simply posturing. The only winner in that deal is the dealer who gets the interest on your money. As evident in the 96 GTS program, the certificate gets dibs.

Greg

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Janni, and all others that don't fit "the plan":

Please read my post above, as Dodge, your National VCA and JR Thompson (Viper HQ) tried very hard to accomodate ALL owners...but this was the best that Dodge could do ... legally.

Everyone knows that there will be some that are absolutely THE MOST enthusiastic Viper owners out there... and unfortunately cannot participate in the first months ordering process, but it has been made quite clear to all those involved, that this is the best that could be done (and alot more than Dodge had to do, as I'm sure they realized that ALL of '03's production would be sold out FAST without lifting a finger!)

As far as depreciation of your current Viper's value? I doubt it, as I believe the introduction of the new car will make thousands more "newbies" aware of the Viper's performance, and will stir up alot of new interest from those that were never focused on the Snake Icon!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to Dodge yesterday, and any dealer thinking they are going to be able to put someone from their "wish list" in front of someone with the required paper work WILL NOT HAPPEN. Why? Because the dealers will NOT BE inputting the orders on the initial 2003, DODGE will handle that.

This is how it is designed to pan out. If you meet the required criteria, submit your paper work to your dealer. They will sign it and send it to Dodge. Once they get it they will calculate how many are spoken for. At that point if there are any unspoken for the order banks will open. If not, they will have to wait until the next model year to place an order.

Dealers making promises, especial large Dodge dealers, is something that many of us have seen before. And what ultimately happens is that they promise the world and deliver nothing. If you really want a new Viper go to a dealer that knows how to deliver one.

We told you on this site a year ago that if you wanted to get a 2003 that it would serve you best to own a current version prior to the distribution plans being released. Some of you choose to listen to the dealers, and now you will have to be patient.

Dan Woods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're interested in ordering a 2003 Viper Convertible, make sure that you talk to John Gastman at Roanoke Motors. Last time around with the '96 GTS, a lot of guys from the Illinois Region got early production cars. Roanoke has satisfied customers all over the country. Give him a call to get the latest update on the program......

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Janni:
Well, call me cranky, but I don't like it....So, since we did not buy either of our cars new, we are part of the 'rest' and we'll have to fend for ourselves when it comes to an '03. How many original owners are still out there? I'll bet its less than 50%. Wouldn't it have been nice to give the original owners first shot, then maybe another 2 week window for VCA members, or "other" Viper owners? I really hate being lumped into vying for availablity with the unwashed masses.......... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Janni, you and Henry are literally heroic examples of "2nd Generation" owners, and maybe you specifically have indeed earned the right to be cranky. Its ironic that your household is eligible to INSTANTLY order a Comp Coupe....but not an SRT-10. HOWEVER...

Because of this site, and VCA magazine, you will be able to order an SRT-10 much sooner than the masses. Ie, you know the date it opens to the public, and your chosen dealer can order that AM. I'll also wager that some other "Original Owner" VCA member in your club can exercise their option, and take delivery on your behalf. So what if it says "Ray Evernham" on the Monroni !

dancojax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit arguing about how bad the local dealer will 'cheat' you.
Deal with a VIPER Dealer, not just a DODGE Dealer. Deal with a dealer that SUPPORTS us, not rips us off. Take a look at this board and see who's banner is flashing indicating support of not only vipers, but this board, viper owners, and even 'wannabee's.
Woodhouse not only deals; they trade; they deliver; they care; and they have REPEAT business. Just look at past posts to see how many buyers have said they wished they had called Pemperton first. Been there, been elsewhere, am going back there. So there!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh, that blasted flashing banner. Makes me look at what's inside, which costs me a lot of money, and more in the future. Will it ever end?? God help me!!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm the origional owner of 3 vipers...does this mean i can get 3 certificates to give one to my dad, my wife, & my oldest son?

dancojax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only if you still have all three, Frank (if I read the rules correctly). And then only if you are are willing to buy all the new ones in your name. BUT, Daddy, I will love you more if you buy mine in red instead of "green". Please adopt me. I want a new one!!!!!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'll just have it shot green....i've never had a problem with change the colors of a viper, how bout you....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4