2003 Viper Considering 2008 OEM Hood Switch

stolleson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Red 2003 Viper SRT-10 and want to replace the existing hood with either...

A- Carbon Fiber Hood with center carbon fiber and rest red
or
B- OEM 2008 Hood painted red with center painted black

Does anyone have any pictures of doing this type change?
Anyone with a red car with the center scoop painted black?
What is your opinions on the best look?

Also, does anyone have the carbon fiber hood or any good or bad history working with parts from Palmer Dodge, Roe Racing.
Thanks,

Scott Tolleson

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, here is a shot of Andy Wheeler's (Flatout) car, a 2003 red with a Vipair CF hood. Andy left the center band CF, and I think used a tinted clear coat, and also added the ACR drivers stripe. Absolutely striking in person :headbang:

I went with a 2008 OEM hood on my '03 and just had it painted solid red, I thought the higher scoop center section on the Vipair version is more aggressive, but I thought the '08 OEM version was aggressive enough for me.

You must be registered for see images

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also, there was some discussion in previous threads on the Vipair hood regarding the need to have the adjacent body panels adjusted to eliminate excessive gaps.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, here is a shot of Andy Wheeler's (Flatout) car, a 2003 red with a Vipair CF hood. Andy left the center band CF, and I think used a tinted clear coat, and also added the ACR drivers stripe. Absolutely striking in person :headbang:

I went with a 2008 OEM hood on my '03 and just had it painted solid red, I thought the higher scoop center section on the Vipair version is more aggressive, but I thought the '08 OEM version was aggressive enough for me.

You must be registered for see images

Stunning is more like it....WOW

OP
OP
S

stolleson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the great looking job on Andy Wheeler's car.
I have a Red 2003 and want to do this type of look!
Could you provide the details on the paint job on the hood and trunk?
Is this black paint with a red stripe on the trunk? Is just the top of trunk painted? Or does the paint job continue down the back of the car?
On the hood, is this black paint or clear coat with a colored additive?
What did he add to the front spoiler and where did you buy it? Carbon Fiber?
Do you have a close up of the hood so I can see if it has a black paint look or a carbon fiber look?

How much to paint the car and who did the work? Phone number?

Thanks,

Scott Tolleson

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Also, does anyone have the carbon fiber hood or any good or bad history working with parts from Palmer Dodge, Roe Racing.
Thanks, Scott Tolleson

Palmer Dodge in INDIANA is good. Kevin, Jon, Anji.

Roe is one of our oldest and most trusted Vendors.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Scott sent you a pm with the details. Thanks as always Mr. Slithr and guys I appreciate the compliments.

The older Vipair fiberglass hoods had a raised center section but his new carbon hoods are the standard 08 height.

As for excessive gaps or fitments issues, I had none. The body shop was pleased with the install.

Good luck to you and I'm sure it will turn out great!

Andy Wheeler

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks,

Scott Tolleson

You're in good hands with either of those vendors. Palmer Dodge gives huge parts discounts to VCA members. Just have your VCA card with you when you go to pick up the parts.

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only problem i have with the 08 hood on my 03 is the stock alarm goes off all the time

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had that alarm issue with my CF hood. the hood was just way to thin and wouldn't keep the alarm button depressed. If you left the hood it up for a length of time it would bend. I got rid of it and got an 08 hood from Prescot. Fits great seems very durable..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang