2004 colors?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can count on red, the Dodge color.

Alot of people have asked for yellow, so I think there is a good chance they will offer the SRT in yellow.

If they do, I would tend to think SILVER will be a one-year color, because everyone asked for black, so I don't think they will kill that. I would bet silver is the least popular color, so I would guess it would be the first to go.

My guess is red, black, yellow. We should know in 3 or 4 more months.

S

SUN RA KAT

Mike Brunton - "My guess is red, black, yellow. We should know in 3 or 4 more months."

<FONT size="5">The German flag is red, black, yellow!!!</FONT s>

<FONT size="6">Another YELLOW thread!</FONT s>

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, actually silver was slightly more popular than black, according to the poll on this site. Have no idea how it will work out in the end with production numbers.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:
Mike Brunton - "My guess is red, black, yellow. We should know in 3 or 4 more months."

<FONT size="5">The German flag is red, black, yellow!!!</FONT s>

<FONT size="6">Another YELLOW thread!</FONT s>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the German flag was all white? Oh, wait, that's the French flag (zing!).

Frank,

I will take your word for it - but I also would bet a couple'a bucks on red/black/yellow in 2004. Any takers?
supergrin.gif

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope there is Yellow for 04', I would jump on the list for an 04'in Yellow. (I have an 03' in Red on order)

Note: DC build Yellow coupes in 04' so I don't have to get rid of my 03' in Red!

2Charmed

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No coupe for you in 2004. This has been said many times before, but if you look BACK at how the Viper program has evolved you will get a TEMPLATE for what should happen in the future. Sorry for the "riddle" but it keeps people from getting in trouble.

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

I understand that there will be no coupe (street version) until
at leaste the 06' model year, but I can wish cant I?
smile.gif

2Charmed

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
92 - RT
93 - RT
94 - RT
95 - RT
96 - RT/GTS
97 - RT/GTS
98 - NEW RT/GTS
99 - RT/GTS
00 - RT/GTS
01 - RT/GTS
02 - RT/GTS
03 - SRT &lt;---- YOU ARE HERE
04 - SRT
05 - SRT
06 - SRT
07 - SRT/GTSII
08 - SRT/GTSII
09 - NEW SRT/GTSII

I would not be looking for a coupe until at LEAST the 2006 calendar year. I still think they have not decided to do it or not just yet. They would like to, IF the PVO program goes as planned, IMO.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>

92 - RT
93 - RT
94 - RT
95 - RT
96 - RT/GTS
97 - RT/GTS
98 - NEW RT/GTS
99 - RT/GTS
00 - RT/GTS
01 - RT/GTS
02 - RT/GTS
03 - SRT &lt;---- YOU ARE HERE
04 - SRT
05 - SRT
06 - SRT
07 - SRT/GTSII
08 - SRT/GTSII
09 - NEW SRT/GTSII

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Things were different in the 92-96 period as the Viper concept was unproven.
My guess is that they will move the GTS (CC) up to the '05 model year. They have a head start with the CC and they have idle capacity at Conner Avenue.

It can't come soon enough!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
97 - RT/GTS
98 - NEW RT/GTS
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shouldn't the "NEW RT" be by "97"?

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about "Moulin Chartreuse?"

Oops...that would have certainly been the next Prowler color had they not discontinued those goofy things.

Yellow Yellow Yellow! The SRT-10 MUST be offered in YELLOW! That is not negotiable. Saddam HATES yellow. Barbra Streisand HATES yellow. Hillary HATES yellow. David Schwimmer HATES yellow. Ditto for the rest of the Communist Elders...

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slaughterj:
Shouldn't the "NEW RT" be by "97"?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it? I dunno
smile.gif
I thought the 1997 RT/10 had the 415HP engine but rear exhaust? Did it have the 450hp GenII engine in 1997? Did it have roll up windows?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1996 RT was 415HP, and the 1997 RT was 450HP. Where you might be confused is with the smoothie hood. It wasn't changed for the RT until 1998.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
Was it? I dunno
smile.gif
I thought the 1997 RT/10 had the 415HP engine but rear exhaust? Did it have the 450hp GenII engine in 1997? Did it have roll up windows?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I love trivia! JonB please confirm these facts:

'96 RT - 415 HP - rear exhaust - plexi windows (not vinyl) - unique two color paint/trim schemes (Black/silver "V" stripe, White/blue "V" stripe, Ketchup/mustard wheels and decals). All cars had PAINTED '96 GTS style wheels but maintained the smoothie hoods of the previous year RT's.

'97 RT - 450 Gen2 motor/frame - Power windows - smoothie hood (same as previous RT hoods) - colors? Red & Blue/white (rare)

'98 RT - smoothie hoods = 1! GTS hoods = the rest of production

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave