2005 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Not starting after going into dash Part 2

Mamba_153

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Part 2
I've tested everything. I can start the car by going to the starter relay.
Now, I noticed that the low fuel indicator light is on (didn't see it before, but it think I just overlooked it)
There is 5+ gallons of fuel in the tank.
The question...will a Gen 3 Viper not start if the low fuel indicator is on OR if it thinks there is NO FUEL?
If yes, what should I start checking to resolve the false low fuel (out of fuel) indicator?
Thanks in advance.
You must be registered for see images attach

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I highly doubt it wouldn't start with just the low fuel indicator on. I know I've run mine pretty close to the edge several times and that light normally comes on with a few gallons left in the tank, so would hope it wouldn't disable anything. That being said, if that signal isn't making it back to the cluster then I'd wonder why. From the look of it, that's not just low fuel, but no fuel based on the needle. The fuel tank module connects to the BCM from what I can see in wiring diagrams, so that would be the first place I'd start looking. I don't suppose you know anyone around you with a gen 3 as well? I'm not sure if you can just swap a BCM or not, but might be interesting to try to see if that makes any difference.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, how old is the car's battery? Unexplained anomalies, can usually be attributed to an old battery.

OP
OP
Mamba_153

Mamba_153

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I highly doubt it wouldn't start with just the low fuel indicator on. I know I've run mine pretty close to the edge several times and that light normally comes on with a few gallons left in the tank, so would hope it wouldn't disable anything. That being said, if that signal isn't making it back to the cluster then I'd wonder why. From the look of it, that's not just low fuel, but no fuel based on the needle. The fuel tank module connects to the BCM from what I can see in wiring diagrams, so that would be the first place I'd start looking. I don't suppose you know anyone around you with a gen 3 as well? I'm not sure if you can just swap a BCM or not, but might be interesting to try to see if that makes any difference.
I agree with you. It would be bad to get low or out of fuel and not start or try to start. No close by Gen 3s. I can start diagnosing the BCM. Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
Mamba_153

Mamba_153

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, how old is the car's battery? Unexplained anomalies, can usually be attributed to an old battery.
The battery is old - 2017, (5 year warranty) I checked with my meter and it's 12.6 volts. I could swap because we know they are pretty good about failing when they approach the warranty date. :)