2008 @ Bradenton, 11.4 @ 124

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take That '68 over a C6Z0****. That 68 is built well. There is no doubt in my mind it would chew up a C6Z06 and spit it out. Alex get that thing to the scales. I bet it come in the high 2k's-lbs.

You are correct, Disturbed. The word on the street is "***** slapped several Z06's already". Like I said, if Chevy had the smarts to build a vette that looked this good, I never would have jumped ship.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are correct, Disturbed. The word on the street is "***** slapped several Z06's already". Like I said, if Chevy had the smarts to build a vette that looked this good, I never would have jumped ship.

That looks like the Corvette Fever vette. You know that movie with the Star Wars actor...Mark something. I Like the "old" ones pure myself, nothing better looking than a stock 60's Vette. Of course..my worthless opinion only. For a highly modified Vette, yours looks great.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took these pics at the end of the day for better lighting. As far as stock vs. modified, I am not a big fan of old school cast iron heaviness and such but it all depends on what you like. Some like stock but I am not "some". On the other hand, "Disturbed" absolutely refuses to even use an aftermarket air filter. All of the bolts on his car are tightened to factory spec and he would never modify his car for more power.

LMAO!@@! That sick son of a ***** modifies everything from his microwave to his mailbox!

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took these pics at the end of the day for better lighting. As far as stock vs. modified, I am not a big fan of old school cast iron heaviness and such but it all depends on what you like. Some like stock but I am not "some". On the other hand, "Disturbed" absolutely refuses to even use an aftermarket air filter. All of the bolts on his car are tightened to factory spec and he would never modify his car for more power.

LMAO!@@! That sick son of a ***** modifies everything from his microwave to his mailbox!

So, how do you think a stock 68 vette would do against a Z06? Or take that to another level...a highly modified '68 VS a highly modified Z? IIRC...and some firsthand knowledge with my 435HP Vette...maybe low 13's VS the Z at mid 11's. Technology has it's advantages...no doubt.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black Mamba I LOVE my 997TT I have the EVT700 from Evolution Motor sports. Check it out on You Tube. It is of my 997 on a all wheel dyno look it up under Evolution Motorsports 997TT EVT700 there are two videos on the dyno. It is a mustang dyno. I love em all just different power delivery. I think the 996 997 turbo engine can handle 800-900hp the bottom end is all forged. Dam Jamie I can't believe that run, that is sick 10'8s. You sure can drive the hell out of that thing whew. I better have an auto turbo with 900hp to beat you in a 500horse car.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, how do you think a stock 68 vette would do against a Z06? Or take that to another level...a highly modified '68 VS a highly modified Z? IIRC...and some firsthand knowledge with my 435HP Vette...maybe low 13's VS the Z at mid 11's. Technology has it's advantages...no doubt.

I believe that the only '69 vette that could beat a Z06 would be the ZL1 or maybe L88. At the time, a ZL1 did the 1/4 mile in high 10's @ 130mph. The only way to make an older vette like these compete with a newer one is obviously through massive modifications. Did I say a stock 1968 could beat a stock Z06? On the other hand, a Z06 could never look as good as a 1969.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHY THE F did this turn into an F'in Vette ******* contest. Go get on the Vette forums for that stupid Sh*T!!!

Next, I'd like to see someone better these times, its apparent something is being left on the table with the launches and the shifting. I never shifted any viper that early at the drag strip. Take her to the line is what I say... REDLINE. (right before fuel cut off)... she'll dance...

Next, my take on this ******* contest... How about doing it with a little class? I completely agree you shouldn't slam someones car just because you don't like it. Jamie stayed cool and respectful and Alex just kept slamming his cars?? WHY???

My Votes with Jamie, because of how he handled himself. And quite honestly If I acted like ALEX, then saying the following would apply: that Alex's vette looks straight out of boogie nights, that old luke skywalker movie (previously mentioned), and a few episodes of 'chips'.... its dated and makes me think some ***** is going to jump out of it with gold chains, a mustache, open Hawaiian shirt with bulging hairy chest and super tight pants and hit on my mother.

If I was talking as Me.. I'd just say I dont particularly care for Alex's vette. Thanks..

but thats just my humble opinion :)

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang