2008 @ Bradenton, 11.4 @ 124

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well Lee when I get my new ACR I will let you know for sure! But I have always felt the New Viper would go 10's in the right conditions with the right driver! You may remember when we used to have Viperclub races at MIR, hell my bone stock 97 gts went 11.60 with 200 miles on the clock and turned a 11.41 with drag radials the same day. I think that to this day those are some of the best runs by a GTS, and I have always felt the GTS was a faster car than a SRT. I drove a couple of SRT's including my own and could not put them in the 11's although I didn't make but about 10 passes total trying. I have always felt where the SRT engine makes power and the bigger rear wheels without changing gears hurt the cars drag strip potential. As far as the Z06, its the fastest stock car I have ever driven period, my FORD GT with Jason's pulley and tune, over 600 rwhp can't out run it in the 1/4 mile. I think its not only because the cars got an awesome engine but when I weighed it, it only weighed 3070 pounds and thats the key! Also someone mentioned certain day, certain track well there are Z06's all over the country that are within a tenth or 2 of my best times and I have run equal times at the 3 different tracks I have been to.
My fist pass ever in the car was in august 2006, 90 degree temps and the car went 11.31 at 128 and I knew then 10's would be possible in good air. I also don't agree with you Alex about the Z06's looks, although I love the Vipers looks I think the Z06 looks great a lot like the Viper IMO. Here is a picture of mine and unless your blind or in denial you can't deny the cars good looks. I also admit I don't have any (Brand Loyalty) as I love all cool cars I don't care who makes them! I hope my new ACR is my fastest car but if its not? I won't pretend it is!

You must be registered for see images attach

Like the GS stripes on your Z. Very nice. We have similar taste in cars. I have an '05 FGT yellow/black...and a '67 coupe Marlboro Maroon. Nice cars Jamie.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the GS stripes on your Z. Very nice. We have similar taste in cars. I have an '05 FGT yellow/black...and a '67 coupe Marlboro Maroon. Nice cars Jamie.

Thanks! I am glad to see a Viper owner that isn't (Pure Homer) and can appreciate all cars! It sound like you have a nice collection.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats up Jamie? I am suprized that you can't beat a Z06 stock in the 1/4 with a pulley and a tune. I kill modded Z06s in my GT. What rear wheel hp did your GT pull? 652 was mine with just a 18psi pulley and a tune. Maybe you are leaving some hp on the table with your GT. Anyway I am like you guys I love all fast cars, but I just can't like Vettes I tried to make myself buy one but just could'nt. Went for the 997TT instead. Your Vette looks good.:2tu:

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well here are the answers to your questions.
I was shifting @ about 5500
No I was not grannie shifting but not the best/fastest shifter in the world.
Yes i did heat the tire a little each time , I did not sit there and smoke them i just did 2 lil dry hops .
Not much cool down .
I felt best launchin at around 1500 to 1700 rpm's booged a lill then got up and ran like a bat otta h----.
If it means anything i was at ATCO raceway in New Jersy .

OK, GOOD START.

Can you answer this ?

What gear at the traps ? 4th or 5 th

Did you dump or ride the clutch at the start ?

Shifting ? you did not granny shift but did you keep
your foot in it the entire run ?

Your 60' needs work, 1.6 or better for a 10 second run.

Your rpm's at launch are low, no matter how you take
it out of the hole.

Shifting at 5500 rpm's, to early.

All and all I think your doing a great job and should hit
high 10's if you work at it. JMHO

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe it is possible to hate that car! I wasn't too sure about it until I saw one in person, and then it was all over! Bad Ass *****!! :headbang:
Especially when Heffner gets his hands on it! :headbang::headbang:

Well I hope to get 10's in the Viper, and you are right I really don't care that some people think the Z06 is ugly because everyone has their own opinion. I will never come back and tell you a Z06 ***** no matter what the ACR runs, because the Z06 is one badass car and thats all there is to it! The reason I didn't buy an SRT and decided to wait for an ACR is that I feel the same about the SRT as you guys that have commented on how ugly the Z06 is, that is I feel it looks like a RICER to me and I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. That said I think the Viper GTS is one of the most beautiful cars ever made with timeless lines and will be an icon for years to come, and I think most of the long time Viper owners will agree that the SRT doesn't compare to the old GTS. The SRT up until the 08 model year has been a disappointment performance and looks wise and thats why they couldn't sell them and were giving such big discounts. Now with the ACR I think they have the looks and performance figured out. The homers that hate the Z probably hate this too because it doesn't say Dodge on the side!

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenric, I love the 997 TT. Let me ask you, which is the fastest of your car collection in the 1/4 mile? And what is the max hp you can safely take a 997 TT to?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, GOOD START.

Can you answer this ?

What gear at the traps ? 4th or 5 th

:confused:

You wont be hitting 5th gear in a stock SRT in the 1/4 mile,unless your out for a sunday cruise. I believe 4th is good for about 150 ish.
Most stock SRT's are gonna be carrying 3rd thur the traps banging off rev limiter or barely grabbing 4th as you cross the finish line.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:confused:

You wont be hitting 5th gear in a stock SRT in the 1/4 mile,unless your out for a sunday cruise. I believe 4th is good for about 150 ish.
Most stock SRT's are gonna be carrying 3rd thur the traps banging off rev limiter or barely grabbing 4th as you cross the finish line.

My mistake, I ment 3rd or 4th. I'm thinking 3rd but would
like to make sure.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats up Jamie? I am suprized that you can't beat a Z06 stock in the 1/4 with a pulley and a tune. I kill modded Z06s in my GT. What rear wheel hp did your GT pull? 652 was mine with just a 18psi pulley and a tune. Maybe you are leaving some hp on the table with your GT. Anyway I am like you guys I love all fast cars, but I just can't like Vettes I tried to make myself buy one but just could'nt. Went for the 997TT instead. Your Vette looks good.:2tu:

Well I have the same pulley and tune as you! Not to bust your balls but my Stock Z06 ran 10.83 at 130.5 with DR and I doubt you can beat that time with your GT, maybe you can, but I doubt it as your clutch probably can't handle the leave it takes to do it. I haven't seen any GT's with pulley or even twin turbo's run much better than a 10.8 in the 1/4 because the launch is difficult. I think you misunderstood what I was saying, its not the my GT isn't faster than the Z06 on the street, its my GT can't get out of the hole at the dragstrip like my Z06. My GT has run 135 through the traps but has never turned a better et, although I have many more passes in the Z as I don't drag race the GT very often and don't plan to. I didn't say anyone should like a Z06 just because I do and if you don't like it I don't blame you but I like em!:D
My Porsche GT2 is pretty quick also, 10.8 130mph on DR with GIAC Tune and Muffler only no other mods!

You must be registered for see images

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, I hate to tell you but the C6's are foul looking. The window pillars are ugly, the chopped off rear is dreadful and the smiley face grill is surely geared for hetero challenged males. In no way is it in the same league as a Viper, when it comes to appearance.

I will not even remark much about your vette vs. mine but if you honestly think that a 1967 vette looks even remotely as good as mine, you are either drunk, delusional or blind. Trust me, you are way off and it's borderline embarrassing when you post up a pic of that thing next to my vette. :D Hell, your vette looks like a volkwagen bug compared to my '68. Be real. On the other hand, I am sure that your '67 is worth a lot of money. It's just not my cup of tea.

Alex like I told you beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Let me see, Ford Gt =SRT 1967 L88= 1968 coupe are your serious! Bro get to the eye doctor as soon as possible, I think you may have glycoma!:rolaugh:

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn------how many more cars are going to come out of that garage? I personally love everyone of them. Nice

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn------how many more cars are going to come out of that garage? I personally love everyone of them. Nice

Well since this is a Mopar site how about a couple of pictures of 2 of my favorite mopars and both are driven by the way and the Dart is raced a couple of times a year.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex like I told you beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Let me see, Ford Gt =SRT 1967 L88= 1968 coupe are your serious! Bro get to the eye doctor as soon as possible, I think you may have glycoma!:rolaugh:

Is that '67 an L88? I thought it was a 427/435 car. You obviously have some cool cars and I like Ford GT's. However, I would prefer white w/blue stripes or gray w/ silver. Your 1967 vette (if it is yours) is worth some cash. I will not deny that. However, it is not nearly as capable or beautiful as my 1968, which can run a high 10 second 1/4 mile with the average grandmother at the helm. In addition, it performs on a level that is on par with any new sports car, when it comes to handling, braking etc. Your cast iron 1967 may be original but who cares? It's old, heavy, looks like a VW bug and better not come near my 1968 unless it desires to embarrass its owner. As far as appearance goes, there isn't any comparison between my 1968 and your beetle. :D
Luckily for you, I will be producing a very limited production of 1969 corvettes, similar to mine, for sale to enthusiasts. When should I be expecting your order and deposit, Jamie?

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that '67 an L88? I thought it was a 427/435 car. You obviously have some cool cars and I like Ford GT's. However, I would prefer white w/blue stripes or gray w/ silver. Your 1967 vette (if it is yours) is worth some cash. I will not deny that. However, it is not nearly as capable or beautiful as my 1968, which can run a high 10 second 1/4 mile with the average grandmother at the helm. In addition, it performs on a level that is on par with any new sports car, when it comes to handling, braking etc. Your cast iron 1967 may be original but who cares? It's old, heavy, looks like a VW bug and better not come near my 1968 unless it desires to embarrass its owner. As far as appearance goes, there isn't any comparison between my 1968 and your beetle. :D
Luckily for you, I will be producing a very limited production of 1969 corvettes, similar to mine, for sale to enthusiasts. When should I be expecting your order and deposit, Jamie?
:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh: Alex none of the cars are mine, I just like collecting pictures! Now even though you keep calling my 67 Corvette a Volkswagon I want you to notice I haven't called your 68 Camaro, I mean Corvette any names even though you insist on continually calling my cars names and telling me how ugly they are, and believe me I would never tell you how (Butt Ugly) that 68 Corvette is no matter how much you antagonize me! i'm just not that way! But believe me if that shop class Camaro, I mean Corvette you built should ever line up next to me at any track, at any time, the only ones that are going to be embarrassed are the shop class students that help you build that Camaro when I tractor trailor it!:D

Last edited:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, sorry to upset you but my '68 is not only way out of your class in appearance but also in performance. The engine began as a crate 454 LS7 (yes, the real LS7, big block with 12.5:1 compression). Never one to leave something alone, I swapped the heads for Pro Topline aluminum Thunder heads (worth another 100hp) along with a solid roller cam with 646" lift, roller rockers, etc. Was that enough power? Oh no, it wasn't. Next came some Stahl custom made sidepipe headers with STS baffles (worth at about 100hp over ****** sidepipes and mufflers). Intake includes the magnificent Weiand Team G flanked by a BG Mighty Demon 850 annular booster carb. Tranferring all that power to the driveshaft is a TKO600 overdrive 5 speed.
I did not build this vette to be a drag car so mods were not designed solely for power and straight line performance. The frame was modified heavily with diagonal cross bracing and other strengthening. Suspension includes QA1 double adjustable aluminum shocks, aluminum adjustable upper a arms w/ Howe ball joints. Hell, I could go on and on, including the titanium rotors, 6 piston calipers, carbon fiber seats etc. that will be going on soon but lets just simplify things; not one of your cars would stand a chance against this monster. The vette is not completed yet but should be within the next few months. Once it is completed, I will be accepting orders to build a limited quantity of reproductions of this corvette supercar.
Now, when can I be expecting your deposit and order, delegating me to build you such an exotic supercar?

P.S. Please, don't even mention appearance because the vette I built makes your Z06 look like a UPS truck and your '67, a SLUG BUG!!

Last edited:

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, sorry to upset you but my '68 is not only way out of your class in appearance but also in performance. The engine began as a crate 454 LS7 (yes, the real LS7, big block with 12.5:1 compression). Never one to leave something alone, I swapped the heads for Pro Topline aluminum Thunder heads (worth another 100hp) along with a solid roller cam with 646" lift, roller rockers, etc. Was that enough power? Oh no, it wasn't. Next came some Stahl custom made sidepipe headers with STS baffles (worth at about 100hp over ****** sidepipes and mufflers). Intake includes the magnificent Weiand Team G flanked by a BG Mighty Demon 850 annular booster carb. Tranferring all that power to the driveshaft is a TKO600 overdrive 5 speed.
I did not build this vette to be a drag car so mods were not designed solely for power and straight line performance. The frame was modified heavily with diagonal cross bracing and other strengthening. Suspension includes QA1 double adjustable aluminum shocks, aluminum adjustable upper a arms w/ Howe ball joints. Hell, I could go on and on, including the titanium rotors, 6 piston calipers, carbon fiber seats etc. that will be going on soon but lets just simplify things; not one of your cars would stand a chance against this monster. The vette is not completed yet but should be within the next few months. Once it is completed, I will be accepting orders to build a limited quantity of reproductions of this corvette supercar.
Now, when can I be expecting your deposit and order, delegating me to build you such an exotic supercar?

P.S. Please, don't even mention appearance because the vette I built makes your Z06 look like a UPS truck and your '67, a SLUG BUG!!

:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh: Alex I definately think you are blind and optimistic! But you seem to have a good sense of humor like me, so let me sleep on that order until you have a completed car.:D

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll tell you what; if I owned that 1967 L88, I would be hard pressed not to sell it, knowing how valuable it is and what I could replace it with. Hell, I could order myself one of those Alexarz exotic C3's as well as an ACR Viper and still have enough cash left over to impress the local floozies.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So tell me with all the latest post, what does it have to do
with the original post about 11.4@Bradenton @124 ?????

just curious:eater:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeez, r u wearing tri-focals or something? :tz: wassup w/ the big ass print??:D

Last edited:

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well since this is a Mopar site how about a couple of pictures of 2 of my favorite mopars and both are driven by the way and the Dart is raced a couple of times a year.

Not only do you have top of the line cars you went with the top of the line lift great choices .

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted, I haven't any idea how we got here and after all the spinning that ensued, I no longer know the way home. Besides, what is so exciting about an '08 Viper doing the 1/4 mile at 11.4 & 124? There is a broken hearted Furman among us and by god, I am going to supply him with a retro supervette that will wash all his humiliation and embarrassment away.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess we got off track with some opinions of the Z06 looks versus its performance. As far as the original post I was hoping to see some stouter numbers myself, but I won't make any judgements until I see more real world passes. I agree with an earlier post that I have seen better times on a stock GTS with drag radials on a couple of different occasions and feel the 2nd generation vipers run better than the 3rd and put up better times.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd take That '68 over a C6Z0****. That 68 is built well. There is no doubt in my mind it would chew up a C6Z06 and spit it out. Alex get that thing to the scales. I bet it come in the high 2k's-lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang