2008 Rear Diff

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are the 2008's coming with a better diff then the Dana junk we have in the previous Gens?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The '08 rear diff has been significantly improved ... much discussion on this in prior threads

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am waiting for some owner results after some serious on track use. If you go back to 2002/2003 the SRT differential was touted as a significant improvement. It was said to improve lap times by some 2 seconds. And the first time my car was on the track it seemed ok. But as it aged it became a serious handicap with its seemingly one wheel torque and resulty nasty torque transfer to the other tire. Go back to the archives and initial 2003 magazine reviews if you doubt me.

I will remain skeptical on this one even though the master cost cutter has left the SRT program.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yep, I'll be skeptical too.

Why not go for the Quaife, it's a prove product with a lifetime warranty and the Neon SRT 4 got one?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have bought the Quaife, but I was too embarrassed to admit that I did not know how to pronounce it over the phone. :dunno: Easier to order a Dana.:lmao:

Seriously. Quaife is a no brainer for those who track their cars. The company really stands behind their product, and the reviews from those that own them have only been positive.

If it will hold up to Dan's hammering it around the track with all his HP, it should stand up to just about anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery