2008 Viper Pic

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the best I can find...

You must be registered for see images

If you look real close you can see the hood vents that have been seen on the recent spy shots.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for locating and posting the picture. If that image is from a magazine, which one and which month? Thanks!

/Rich

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it me, or if you look real close, does the Viper Coupe have the competition roof with the scoop? I can't really see a different hood on it but my imagination can make one.

That new Corvette looks like an 90's Camero.

The left picture screams sex, the right screams kit-car southern mullet. Also, the left says "SUP-something 600 bhp Dodge Viper SRT10". Surely they did not just slap a supercharger on it, as that would be disappointing

600 hp may be enough, if the car went on a major diet, like under 3000 lbs diet.

Rick

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it me, or if you look real close, does the Viper Coupe have the competition roof with the scoop? I can't really see a different hood on it but my imagination can make one.

That new Corvette looks like an 90's Camero.

The left picture screams sex, the right screams kit-car southern mullet. Also, the left says "SUP-something 600 bhp Dodge Viper SRT10". Surely they did not just slap a supercharger on it, as that would be disappointing

600 hp may be enough, if the car went on a major diet, like under 3000 lbs diet.

Rick

I believe that Vette picture is the new Callaway Vette that looks like a big cat fish.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the effort SRT10.........by the way , do you still have the crack smoking smiley's ?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back from looking for this magazine. Yes, its a pretty big disappointment. The cover has the small pic shown here and only a 1/2 pg. article about the new Viper.

BUT...

Everyone go buy the February 07' MotorTrend!!! The entire cover is a beautiful 08' red/white SRT-C (w/new hood) and has a 6 pg article with beautiful pics of the red/white SRT-C and a burgundy SRT. I'm gonna try to scan the cover, but my scanner is also part of my printer and the mag is prob too fat to fit thru it :( I've yet to read the article but will do that and post any interesting stuff

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't scan, but here's some digi cam pics!

You must be registered for see images attach

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The burgundy color is very good looking. I'll reserve judgement on the new hood. Is it the lighting of the photo or are the head light covers shaded toward grey? Does the article give any stats? 0 to 60? Quarter mile? Top speed?
Weight? Braking 60 to 0?

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Great!!! Btw a bigger pic of the R&T picture
You must be registered for see images
:)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The burgundy color is very good looking. I'll reserve judgement on the new hood. Is it the lighting of the photo or are the head light covers shaded toward grey? Does the article give any stats? 0 to 60? Quarter mile? Top speed?
Weight? Braking 60 to 0?

The headlights do appear to have a greyish tint to them. No performance stats were given

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for putting in the extra effort.

It's not your fault DC ***** and continues to dissapoint.

You may be disappointed....too bad. I think 600 is not too shabby. BTW, one of us needs to learn how to spell.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weight? Braking 60 to 0?

The headlights do appear to have a greyish tint to them. No performance stats were given

I glossed over the 0-60 time. It is listed as 3.6 sec. Also torque is 560 lb/ft (estimate)

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is great news! i am diggin what i am hearin and what i am seeing. we are experiencing an incredible time in the world of motorsports as these horsepower wars just seem to literaly have no end in sight. this will now make the possibility of a super sport vette even more of a reality. since ford has cancelled the GT program hopefully they will now be enticed to go ahead and put the shelby GR-1 into production. since the firepower is now dead as well this would even be more of a reason for ford to build the GR-1 as well. but in the end if ford does not decide to put the shelby GR-1 into production at least i can take solace in the fact that i now own a 2006 ford GT. :headbang:

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From the article, compression is up from 9.6:1 to 10.2:1 which seems to suggest the 08' may be just a bit less boost friendly out of the box but the +/-600 stock horses and beefed up clutch sure do sound nice...

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do i have this right?

viper production was halted, the plant got shut down for (1) year, and it was all because of "re-tooling", correct?

therefore, all that re-tooling down time, was for a hood and a few engine pieces?

doesnt make sense. am i missing something?

JBsZ06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Looks awesome.

600hp to boot..

Real winner!

Can't wait to get this months motor trend to hear what the review has to say.

JB

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe factory was shut down because they had produced enough Vipers to last till Spring of 06. New 08's probably shipping in Summer 08. Makes sense to me.

Lots of improvements.
Totally new engine and engine management. Variable Valve timing. Higher 10.2 Compression.
Higher redline, 6400 RPM
Revised combustion chambers.
Swinging oil pickup for reducing oil starvation in hard corners.
New exhaust system with no cross over for better sound and less heat
Ditched run flat tires.
Lighter weight twin disc clutch.
New hood for better cooling and less front end lift.

Also heard something about improved interior. Would expect quality improvements to be incorporated into this production

Think this is a huge improvement for one year.

Congratulations to TEAM VIPER.

Sign me UP!

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<viper production was halted, the plant got shut down for (1) year, and it was all because of "re-tooling", correct? >>

Not correct :)

The line will be shut down for only a few months- it was in full swing a few months ago in August, and will restart next month.

I was hoping for a few more cosmetic changes, but 600 hp (hopefully not 580) sounds good. I wonder what Shakespeare green looks like? Bright green, dark green, lime...? I'd like a medium to dark-medium green metallic....

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear the Viper is still alive! Getting worried they where going to scrap the whole program!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<viper production was halted, the plant got shut down for (1) year, and it was all because of "re-tooling", correct? >>

Not correct :)

The line will be shut down for only a few months- it was in full swing a few months ago in August, and will restart next month.

you and paul are making sense! thanks!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for putting in the extra effort.

It's not your fault DC ***** and continues to dissapoint.

Why the disappointment? Dodge is producing a 600 or nearly 600hp car. Not enough cosmetic changes for you? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R