2010 ACR on Top Gear

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT, Ralph, Dodge, please, please send the 2010 ACR back to the Ring and lower the record again and then figure out how to get the 2010 ACR on Top Gear for a test. We all know that the boys across the pond tend to look down their noses at the USA muscle, but it would be one of the fastest cars to run around their track with the Stig (maybe the fastest street production car). And, as a real production car that holds the Ring record, how could they not want to test it? Hell, one of the reasons I bought a Gen IV was because of how impressed I was seeing the Ring record fall.

I couldn't think of a better way to get world wide press on the awesomeness of this car (numbers don't lie, regardless of how the hosts of the show feel about the vehicle) and a to give the car a final farewell and lead in to the 2012 Viper.

Is anyone else interested in seeing this happen? This would definately show the cars performance and make the world wonder what Ralph has in line to top the 2010 model. Lets build some excitement, something the automotive world has little of at this time!

Maybe an email and letter writing campaign is in order??

Cheers,
George

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They would just **** it as a piece of junk and say it was so hard to drive that it was unsafe and even the Stig could not get it around the track quickly. They would probably have The Stig spin out just for dramatic effect (or perhaps test it in the rain then whine it is not as fast as the 997TT) and say the Ring car was obviously a ringer. Wankers.

OP
OP
T

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PhoenixGTS,

You're brillant....have them take it to the Ring, watch our driver set the new record then drive it themselves around the Ring.

Let them bash it and say what they want, in the end the numbers don't lie. Thats the great thing about the racetrack, you don't have to worry that French judge is going to screw you over like in figure skating :rolaugh:

Cheers,
George

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grrrrrrr...I thought when I opened this thread I was going to see an airdate for the show with the ACR on it...You ruined my day TrackAire:(:)

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeremy actually likes the viper, he thinks its a very fun car to drive. I would really like to see the gen IV on top gear

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its the best air time around the world Dodge could ever wish for, i dont know why SRT didnt get the ACR over to TG after they ran the Ring, a wasted opportunity if you ask me :dunno:

id of gladly driven it across Germany to the TG track for them :)

Last edited:

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can get one to me I can make it happen... I already have the contact at TopGear... Unfortunately don't I have the ACR...

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELLOOOOOOOOO
MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!:headbang:
This is the best idea I've heard about since,well since the ACR-X.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeremy actually likes the viper, he thinks its a very fun car to drive. I would really like to see the gen IV on top gear

he does, he actually used a yellow RT/10 as his wedding car, as he left the church he left some long tyres marks down the road :drive:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be wrong, but I thought it was a '96 White with Blue stripes RT?

yea your wrong :)
ive newspaper clipping somewhere amongst my viper stuff, he got married in '93 according to Wiki before the whites where even thought of, im pretty sure it was the yellow Chrysler UK press car he borrowed, though it may of been the red one

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was one single yellow RT built in 92, then 83 built in 94... If he got married in 93 my money is on a red one... ;)

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it would be nice to see the New ACR-X on the Top Gear track but if Dodge are not selling the car in the UK I don't really see much point :( As Neil said earlier, Dodge definitely missed an opportunity when returning from the ring :( But if sales of the new cars are as good as everyone is saying i guess Dodge are not bothered :(

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last spring I offered my car to Top Gear. I requested that they pay shipping and replace the tires. Nothing. Nada.

I will not lend it to them now since it would be stupid for them to test a non current model - mines a 2008.

Greg

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last spring I offered my car to Top Gear. I requested that they pay shipping and replace the tires. Nothing. Nada.

I will not lend it to them now since it would be stupid for them to test a non current model - mines a 2008.

Greg

Did you see the damage that they did to the standard SRT10 on the show. I would not lend then a single speed bicycle with bald tires and no chain.

OP
OP
T

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that it matters if the Viper is sold in Europe/UK, the key is the viewer base in the USA and Canada that watches Top Gear is the the best demographics you could ever wish for. With the internet and the instant info available, there is no more sales here, sales there, etc. Everyone knows what is going on at moments notice. Sales in the rest of the world is just icing on the cake due to additional exposure and demand.

It appears that Vipers go to the Middle East and the next large market will probably be the Asian segment (Top Gear is shown there too, I think). There also appears to be Vipers in Germany, the UK, etc. Soooo, if it turns out to be one of the baddest a$$ vehicles on the Top Gear board, how can that not increase the Viper's status around the world and ultimately demand.

Get another Ring record then destroy the Top Gear time board!! The only demand I would have as Dodge is the car has to be tested in the dry, period.

I only found myself really interested in Vipers after watching a program on the Travel Channel where the Viper was pitted against the Ford GT....in the end the Ford seemed to come out ahead, yet I was only drawn to the beauty and brawn of the Viper. In todays world there is no such thing as bad press, only lack of exposure. We don't have to worry about bad press from Top Gear, as long as they spell the name right. Remember, bad press seems to have worked out ok for Bill Clinton and Paris Hilton :smirk:

If breaking the Laguna Seca record caused this much buzz, imagine breaking the Ring record again!!

Cheers,
George

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just guessing here, but IMHO the real reason Dodge changed the 5th gear ratio (lowered it) for the 2010 model year has to be that they are planning to run the ring AGAIN!

Dan :usa:

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Greg
Hey Greg i will test it for you.Thats if they keep the track open.lol Thanx for all the track time last summer. Myke

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet they already have plans to run a 2010 car. They just do not want to tell us till it happens.

Bruce

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Watch them test it when the track is wet." I don't know how many times you have watched the show but the track is always wet - it's the UK for crying out loud.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Watch them test it when the track is wet." I don't know how many times you have watched the show but the track is always wet - it's the UK for crying out loud.

There's a difference between wet and WET. When they did that SRT10 test, I was amazed the car did as good as it did - that was WET. I've seen a few tests where the track is just a little damp, and with just a little dampness, the track can actually be a little bit faster for some tire compounds. At least that was what we found way back in the day when I got paid to think about these things... I guess it makes sense - just a little bit of water can aid traction slightly through surface tension effects. Think about dragging two dry sheets of paper against each other, and two slightly damp sheets - the damp ones want to stick together.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They HAVE to be going back to the ring with an 2010. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't since most of the changes were directly done due to the runs there. The next smartest thing would be to get a 2010 in the hands of the stig on a dry track and and let him see what it can do.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Heck, get the Stig to do the ring with it. Ben's driven the ring before.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live about 20 miles from the Top Gear track Its in the Surrey hills, the weather breaks here, in the morning you can have mist and rain then within a couple of hours the sun (if your lucky) might come out! Even in the summer you just never quite know what the daily weather is this area will bring ;) That is why on most programs the track is damp or wet :( If its any good My 2000 GTS will be on the track all day May 16th giving charity rides to paying customers, you re all welcome to come and have a go :D
Mark
:uk:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte