2013 Most Dangerous CAR!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dodge Ram 1500 is considered the Most Dangerous CAR in 2013. Is this truck really that Dangerous & what am I missing here?

Attachments

• 2013 dodge ram.jpg
    2013 dodge ram.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 74

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2011 Laramie 1500 .... IT AIN"T DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Have had three friends drive it - they all went from Ford to RAM .....

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That means if I was driving the dodge ram and had a head in collision with smart car, the dodge ram would be a total loss???

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Matt, meant absolutely no offense against you - just the dweeb who wrote the article ....

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter which vehicle is the most dangerous or the safest. All of them have to meet oppressive government safety restrictions and the difference between first to worst is negligible. If choosing a car based on safety ratings is important to anyone then they better not leave their house...and don't use the bathroom either.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was involved in a wreck this past Tuesday. I was sitting in the back seat on the passenger side when a Semi t-boned us doing 60-70 mph on a gravel road. The 70 year old woman driver ran through the intersection on a country road. We were doing about 50 mph when we got hit and was pushed 70-100 feet away into a field. The truck is a total loss but all 3 passengers in the Ram survived with nothing more than bruises and some minor scrapes. It could have been a lot worse!

You must be registered for see images

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow what a mess, I'am glad your all ok this proves the NHTSA report spins the wheel to pick the vehicles.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Real world datapoint, RAMs are acceptable in side impacts.

Glad you're OK and thanks for posting the pix.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jance

Glad you are OK! That is one ugly mess!

As to the OP, the article is based on bogus info.

The 2013 Ram is a newly designed vehicle with very little design carryover from the 2012 model. Even the frame has been reengineered.

So they can shoot off their mouth all they want, they can't condemn a new vehicle when no one has driven one to see reliability, dependability, or "tested it" in a collision.

Its like saying oh, the 1960 300 is a dangerous car (compared to the new one). No kidding.....genius.....:rolleyes:

Just another typical media outlet putting Chrysler down. Sadly, has been this was for close to 50 years.......

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And why is a financial institution writing this article???

Consider the source. And then write them with a big ***!!

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jance, that was way too close! Glad you're OK & thanks for the pics. You ought to send them a few of those pics (person who wrote the article) & tell them just how UNSAFE they are!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this world is a mess= the news folk are a bunch of bleep bleep bleep bleep desperate little people

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was involved in a wreck this past Tuesday. I was sitting in the back seat on the passenger side when a Semi t-boned us doing 60-70 mph on a gravel road. The 70 year old woman driver ran through the intersection on a country road. We were doing about 50 mph when we got hit and was pushed 70-100 feet away into a field. The truck is a total loss but all 3 passengers in the Ram survived with nothing more than bruises and some minor scrapes. It could have been a lot worse!

Was everyone wearing seatbelts? Not being a dick, but many people in back seats don't wear seatbelts, just curious if you were. No criticism or judgment, just honest curiosity.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this world is a mess= the news folk are a bunch of bleep bleep bleep bleep desperate little people

And sadly the majority of society doesn't question, analyze or even attempt to apply contrasting logic to what the media gods publish. Instead, they read it, heard it or saw it so it must be true. There is more honesty and truthfulness on internet discussion boards than there is in traditional mainstream media.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, the masses will believe the first thing they here,from the first source,then scurry to tell the next follwer,and on an on. the human brain is so smart,and so stupid also

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score

Man....

I'm just happy everyone is OK......

Much rather be in a truck than a compact car

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I actually blacked out for about 20 minutes when the semi hit us and don't remember how I got out of the truck. I DO NOT have a concussion I was just knocked out from the impact. All three of us in the truck were wearing our seatbelts and we all have bruises from the seatbelt but that beats the alternative markings we could have had without them. I probably wouldn't be here if I wasn't wearing mine.

I've lost 2 friends who were not wearing their seatbelts so I always make sure I wear mine.

I also lost a shirt and pair of pants from scissors in the ER. hahahaha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss