2013 Viper racing now on TV

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI : Mid Ohio track sports car race going on now on ABC channel. Racing to go another hour or more. Started telecast at 1PM central. Mentioned the new Viper making its debue at 1:20 with a glimps of the car.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching now and the Vipers are getting their butts kicked esp by the Vettes. I think the old days of ********** are over. Yes its al new but this is a sad start esp for sales. Oreca, where are you?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching now and the Vipers are getting their butts kicked esp by the Vettes. I think the old days of ********** are over. Yes its al new but this is a sad start esp for sales. Oreca, where are you?

It's WAY to early to be complaining. Seriously, let them figure it out. How does it hurt sales? Even general motors is glad to have the viper back in ALMS. It's all new, no it's not Oreca, yes I wish it was BUT let Riley have a chance. It's only the first race, I'm sure alot of fans would love to see a first win but they never had any hard data from previous years. The most realistic thing to achieve is to finish. I'm not at all worried about the cars finishing last every event. The fact the car is back, that it's in a race series puts a big ass smile on my face. A few years back we almost wouldn't be able to say that.

To finish first, you must first finish... -Rick Mears

--RS

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI : Mid Ohio track sports car race going on now on ABC channel. Racing to go another hour or more. Started telecast at 1PM central. Mentioned the new Viper making its debue at 1:20 with a glimps of the car.

Okloneranger...thanks for posting this...I didn't catch it until I saw your post...Vipers looking good just to be back on the track. Good things to come...

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering the results that the first Vipers that ever went to racing (and RT/10's at that!) booked back then this is looking good to me.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give them time. They are starting half way through the season. It amounts to a testing season for next year. I'm looking forward to seeing them at Sebring next year.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could imagine that the inaugural outing in ALMS would be either total impressive ********** or total disappointing mid to back-of-the-pack shake down.

It'd be hard to imagine coming in cold to the first race with an entirely new platform and team and win a close race. If the car was totally dominant (power-to-weight wise, suspension-wise etc) then it might win pulling away but that would be quickly addressed by ALMS through the addition of weight and other handicaps.

Although I was secretly hoping for the "lucky-**********" thing (because it would be cool and would have increased the "buzz" when the car hit the showrooms) I expected a weak showing....which doesn't mean anything really for its long run competitiveness. If they **** next season, I'd be surprised....but they won't :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang