3/4" lowering springs

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after the fascia underside lip clipping the deck a few times on a recent long roadtrip, i'm gonna have to scrub the idea of installing the Eibach 1" drop kit and look for 3/4" springs... can anyone offer a recommendation please? heard KW springs do 1" but not finding much on the www (from USA or UK) that'll drop 3/4"
Thanks!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get eibach. Slow for the real bad dips and traverse sharp up/down transitions at a 45 deg angle. Avoid speed bumps. BTW adjust the shocks at the same time. Use a little touch up paint now and then. GTS Bruce

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got Eibachs. I think even stock height Vipers scrape speed bumps, curbs and driveways. Never scraped on the highway though. The Eibachs are stiffer and being progressive rate will not collapse as much when hitting hard bumps, creating less scraping. I wouldn't want to lower my car without adding stiffer springs.

Ted

OP
OP
PS78

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bruce, 99 & RTTT for the advice... definitely if i'm going lower, the springs have to be stiffer. there are many streets in UK cities and towns where it isn't possible to avoid speed humps (no warning signposts/ 1 way/ no room to turn around). have checked the lowering caps and so far max drop attainable is just 6mm / .25". have seen them on UK Baz's RT.
think someone's missing an opportunity on the Viper circuit if there aren't lowering springs available that don't have such a large drop effect.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you need to leave it stock or go with shocks like the ACR came with (or Motons, etc.). They have threaded adjustment sleeves outside the shock that you can spin the 'nuts' to raise or lower your ride height.

There's probably some "cheapo" threaded sleeves that you may be able to buy for a couple hundred bucks to fit over the shocks. I know they used to sell lots of those sets on ebay for Sport Compact cars. When I built my full chassis race car I had a friend of mine machine a set for my race care so that I could dial in the front ride height once the car was finished. Got any machinists buddies? Most rally cars use a similar type for their suspensions as well.

You can also custom order any type of coil spring you want for your car - it's just cheaper to order sets.

Ted

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For just 1/4", it's not worth the hastle of just using spring caps! 1/4" is vitually nothing! I have Eibachs on my 05, and they are MUCH better for its handling and cornering. I just go through the lower spots with care, and it's just fine. Go for the Eibachs.....they're worth it!!!!

OP
OP
PS78

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you need to leave it stock or go with shocks like the ACR came with (or Motons, etc.). They have threaded adjustment sleeves outside the shock that you can spin the 'nuts' to raise or lower your ride height.

There's probably some "cheapo" threaded sleeves that you may be able to buy for a couple hundred bucks to fit over the shocks. I know they used to sell lots of those sets on ebay for Sport Compact cars. When I built my full chassis race car I had a friend of mine machine a set for my race care so that I could dial in the front ride height once the car was finished. Got any machinists buddies? Most rally cars use a similar type for their suspensions as well.

You can also custom order any type of coil spring you want for your car - it's just cheaper to order sets.

Ted
tis a consideration - thanks Ted