3 piece trunk top

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
getting installed this weekend, any tips on the install would be greatly appreciated.

Really looking forward to getting everything setup, The one piece top is bulky and the extra versatility of the 3 piece and it's overall looks have me swayed.

Top quality craftsmanship, I might add.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
getting installed this weekend, any tips on the install would be greatly appreciated.

Really looking forward to getting everything setup, The one piece top is bulky and the extra versatility of the 3 piece and it's overall looks have me swayed.

Top quality craftsmanship, I might add.

Be prepared to take some time for tweaking to get it right and tight. Every car is a little different so there is alot of versatility with all the latches. Once you have it all done the first time, future installs are quick. I put on the center portion first, then either the drivers side or the passenger side. In any case, putting on the last panel takes some finesse to get it into the windshield header.

Good luck. I love the top and Jeff Lemke is great for answering questions and concerns.

craig

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful with the front pins hitting and scratching the top area they go in. It is very easy to put the back into position and then top accidently drop (even slowly) the front down in the wrong spot and you will end up scracthing things.

Always clean them off before you put them in the storage bags. You do not want any dirt in the bags otherwise you will get small scratches on the paint.

Be patient and once you figure out the best way to install, take it off and do it two or three times the very first time you put it on. In this manner you will better remember how to do it the next time. It takes a little practice, but once you get it down you can have that thing on or off in just a couple minutes. If I remember more tricks from when I had one for my Gen 1 I will post. Good luck.

zzeck1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to save my pennies to get one of those 3 piece tops with the windows for my Gen 1. Anybody have one for sale??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi