315 35 20 NT05R on 03 vert

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
03 vert with Paxton and mopar 3" race catless exhaust. Stock suspension.

Car is dirty. I was in a huge rush so I mounted the wheel and didn't clean the wheel up yet. Scratches on the surface was there from the previous owner.

19/20" I-forge wheel setup. The 345 25 20 Pirelli were spinning with the Paxton blower in 1st and 2nd really easy. The NT05R seems like it's the widest and "shortest" DR available.

It does look a little big, but I put maybe 15 miles on it so far, it hooks 2nd gear with no wheel spin at all. 40 pounds of pressure in the tires for now.

So it fits! and seems to be working very well. I will try some 1st gear roll ons after I get her detailed.

I am not sure but I am thinking of changing the rear gears from the 3.07???? to 3.55. I think it will help wake the car up a little more. And since the DRs are hooking so well I think it will compliment each other.

You must be registered for see images attach

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, just wondering what HP your paxton setup is makeing? Thanks

OP
OP
D

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put it on my dynojet (I am not kidding, my dynojet reads low) and it was 636 and 572 on SAE. I let it sit for about 15 minutes with the fan blowing on the engine after driving it, so it could have been a little heat soaked. Probably letting it cool down would allow it to put down a little more power.

I had a GTO put down 260 hp.
Lots of cobalt SS with the SC put down 280 on other dynos and do 245 on mine.
And plenty of other cars put down more power on different dynos then come put it on mine and it's 5-7% lower. The dyno sits WAY back in my shop and it doesn't get fresh air so I think that accounts for lower HP readings compared to dynos close to an open garage door. It's also very close to two walls and gets very hot and humid in the back corner.

iownedu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like you may want to go with a little more width/sidewall up front to match though.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 355 gears with a aluminum flywheel and love it. But since your car has the Paxton I'm not sure if you need to switch your gear set up.

OP
OP
D

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you may want to go with a little more width/sidewall up front to match though.

The front tires are in very good condition so I think I will do something else before I replace those. If I had stock wheels then they make a stock replacement 19" DR size.

I have 355 gears with a aluminum flywheel and love it. But since your car has the Paxton I'm not sure if you need to switch your gear set up.

Yea, but the tire height went from a 27.2" stock to 28.7" So well over an inch and a half in tire height. I'll need to crunch some numbers to see what that does to the "effective" rear gear ratio. But going to a taller tire, it will effectively raise (numerically lower) the gear ratio. So 3.55s might help even it out again :)

Looking good!

Thanks. I asked if anyone tried the 20" DRs out yet and no one replied, so I figured there might be some one out there that would be interested in how it looks on the car.

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will need new rear tires soon...but a Nitto Invo 345/25/20 is already stretched on my wheels. I'm afraid the 315mm drag radial will look like I'm trying to "stance" the car.

OP
OP
D

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How wide of a wheel? Mine are not stretched much at all. You can see it in the downward angle picture. In my rush to Mount the tires I didn't measure how wide the wheel was though.

I am sure the nt05r had a wider contact patch than the invo

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang