3rd gen rear brakes on rear of 2nd gen.

Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont have the room to go larger on the front due to my wheels but I would like to put as set of rear breaks from a 3rd gen on the rear of my 2nd gen.

Has it been done and if so whats nessary. I would like to stay away from doing the parking brake caliper.

Aaron

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DAVES BRAKES, a sponsor-vendor here can advise you fully and correctly.

www.davesbigbrakes.com
858-382-4713 cell

BEWARE: Is this for cosmetics? Or better brakes? You are creating a formula to SPIN....."BREAKS: as you state....it BREAKS when the BRAKES are wrong!

THE YEAR MATTERS. If you have a 96-00 non ABS G2, see Tom Haydens rear caliper. Your sig says 2001...so you have the Ford-ABS caliper now...putting only an SRT rear on gives you TOO MUCH REAR BRAKE in my opinion...... Yes, you can alter bias w/ Prop valves and softer pads......But If you cant do it RIGHT, dont do it! Dont make a potentially fatal-mistake....

Remember: A prop valve does not magically GIVE you MORE brake anywhere....it simply TAKES AWAY brakes somewhere else to alter the balance...

But dont call Dave on Monday AMs, he's an older geezer who does not handle Monday morning pressures well......

{oops, thats ME} PS PartsRack also offers almost ALL of Dave's products, thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He does SRT's on the rear. I have them.

Ok, Just spoke to him and you need the 3rd gen fronts as you need the fronts larger than the rears. The 2nd gen fronts are close to the same size as the rears on the 3rd gen.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have Roeracing 14" lightweight front brakes on my GTS with 18" VR1s. I bolted on the stock 18" wheels and spun them around to make sure they had clearance for the brakes. No problem.

Love my brakes. With the Stoptech drilled slotted rear rotors and ceramic (red) pads my car stops quick.

Ted