4 - economy buster - Gen 2 BBK sets available Super pricing

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump. I'm sick of looking at the boxes of brake parts sitting in my garage. What's the latest? You stated I'd get the brackets this past week.

Steve, do you have any SRT front calipers ???? Powder coat a set in black and send them my way.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have a new master cylinder to go with this kit? I found the pedal travel with this arrangement to be a little excessive (front calipers in the rear.) Thks.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marko,

Mark will be done with the new brackets in the next couple of days, I'll give you a call on monday

Thanks

Steve

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, any insight to Dan's post? Is this going to dramatically increase brake pedal travel?

The Gen 2 front calipers are the exact same piston size as the SRT rear calipers, 42/38 and I have yet to hear anyone say they felt they needed an upgraded master cylinder. Dan worked on one of my personal cars (actually a few of them) and the Gen 2 BBK he installed on one of them did not have the master cylinder upgraded, so it is news to me.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry Steve, hope I did not steer anyone in the wrong direction. I was talking about putting the factory front calipers in the rear. The combined piston size is larger and gives much more pedal travel. Some folks have asked about correcting this, which requires a new bore size on the master cylinder. I have not found a direct replacement, thus the question.

Nice kit.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump.

Any updates? It's already 90 degrees now in NC
I spoke with Mark Johnson today and he's dead in the water waiting for a front hub assembly to be sent to him by Steve Prescott. Mark obviously needs this to mock up the calipers that I shipped to him at Steve's direction over a week ago. Maybe this will get resolved with the return of cool fall weather?

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking about putting the factory front calipers in the rear. The combined piston size is larger and gives much more pedal travel. Some folks have asked about correcting this, which requires a new bore size on the master cylinder.
Interesting as that front to rear swap is exactly what this kit is about. So the increased pedal travel is a real side effect of this modification?

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the Stock front SRT 10- calipers on the front of my 98' race car and have the stock Gen 2 front calipers on the rear. Pedal travel and feel can be subjective to every driver.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Mark Johnson today and he's dead in the water waiting for a front hub assembly to be sent to him by Steve Prescott. Mark obviously needs this to mock up the calipers that I shipped to him at Steve's direction over a week ago. Maybe this will get resolved with the return of cool fall weather?

Actually the hub and the knuckle and the front rotor were shipped by me weeks ago, late last week we found out that the brand new bearing/ hub I bought from Detroit axle that was supposed to be a front hub was actually a rear hub, labelled as a front hub, Mark emailed me on Friday at the end of the day that it was the wrong hub and I bought and had shipped another hub over the weekend, the replace hub should be there tomorrow or the next day so work can proceed. Anyone buying from Detroit axle should make them check in advance that their items are labelled correctly .