#4 on the list for valves, but not needed.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my car is at Doug Levens for a mod of some sort and while it was there Tom Session from Dodge did the Valve recall.I got the dreded letter and made a call to Dodge to verify the recall on my vin. Tom made the call as well and it was on the list. After Tom was done, Doug called me and told me the recall was done but the car did not need it. I dont know what to say except that there will be alot of people wondering if there car has the valve problem because Dodge doesn't even know for sure.I would not want to be a vin# close to the the recall numbers because you will never know for sure.The only good thing is that I know for sure now and I get a $300 certificate that I would do with out.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
From what I would imagine to be the protocol, the way the valve issue cars were specifically identified, was to inventory all Vipers in the plant during the time the "box" of "issue valves" were available to be installed by the assembly technician in their motors. It doesn't mean that ANY of that "box" was used... but it was Dodge's intention to make sure that each and every vehicle that COULD have had even one suspect valve get a fresh, complete set.

There is absolutely no reason to believe that any car left the plant that wasn't identified to be part of that time period, as Dodge surely has specific paperwork that matches vehicles up to inventoried parts deliveries (I'm sure that that's mandatory for safety and quality).

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean to tell me that your SRT is at Doug Levin's shop, you had Tom Sessions pull the heads, and in that whole time you didn't have anyone do any porting & polishing?? For shame, for shame! :)

It's just as well my wife's SRT isn't at Doug's for the valve recall. I hate to think of how much trouble I'd be in by the time they were 'fixed' :laugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960