4 post lift group buy?

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So you are saying that the trucking company driver will wait until you break it down and pull off each piece off the truck?
My expierence with these guys is if you can't get it off right then, it goes back to the dock. They don't have all day to play around, they have other stops.

When I have unloaded my lifts. Simply cut the metal bands and carry one piece at a time with friends. The heaviest piece is the runner with the hydraulic cylinder underneath (maybe 200 lbs).

That's how the guys unloaded my lift...
They started with 3 guys and unloaded it piece by piece...then used "dollys" to roll the heavy stuff down the driveway.....The when they started to assemble it, only 2 guys stayed and managed easily......FYI: I also think the Revolution lift is heavier, so if you are going to buy the "complete hydraulics" lift, it will probably be even easier....

Cheers,

In my case, the company that was to install my lift was the company that delivered it, so thier guys unloaded it and installed it...
Cheers,

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'll ask again...........those that had the TRUCKING company deliver to your door......how did you off load it since they recommend a boom wrecker or forklift.....neither of which I have.
Is there some trick to it?

Thanks

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRTJOE: The shipping estimates were pretty rough; I think we could get a more exact quote once we have lift model #'s, quantity, etc.
I could pick up from SE (if given a hand with loading), but would likely have to pick up piecemeal over several trips; I can tow a small trailer with my Jeep, but I don't think it's rated at 2k lbs. Would that be a problem?
Let me see if I can remember who was looking for the big lifts, and see if they want in on this...
Please send me a PM with your contact info. I'm in San Jose right now but should be back tonight, barring any more airport issues...

PM sent.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fine make it as hard as you want. I receive shipments by truck at my business a couple times a week. The drivers are much more accommodating than you think. You and a couple friends can have that unloaded faster by hand that a dock with a fork truck. It is only 2 cross pieces (carry that by yourself) 4 uprights (one guy can carry alone each ) and 2 runners (one guy each end). and other small misc stuff. Cannot take more than 5 minutes if you hustle.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fine make it as hard as you want. I receive shipments by truck at my business a couple times a week. The drivers are much more accommodating than you think. You and a couple friends can have that unloaded faster by hand that a dock with a fork truck. It is only 2 cross pieces (carry that by yourself) 4 uprights (one guy can carry alone each ) and 2 runners (one guy each end). and other small misc stuff. Cannot take more than 5 minutes if you hustle.

Steves right.....have all your ducks in a row when the truck arrives...offer the driver a drink and tip him, and you and a couple buddies could get it on the ground in 10 minutes easy...Most drivers wont mind....

Also you could buy a set of those "car dollies" from harbor frieght for $40.00 or something and you could use them to move the heavy stuff
Cheers,

OP
OP
O

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, it's been mulled over enough... The lift is the same one as ab's earlier group buy. It's the 8k lift from Complete Hydraulic for $1750 plus shipping; you can also get any other lift they carry, but would have to call to find the exact pricing. Let's start an official list of confirmed buyers and get this going!

obaa996: 1 lift
srtjob: 1 lift (I spoke with him earlier)

Any other takers? I'm looking for a minimum of 6 people; perhaps we can get a greater break if we exceed the minimum (looking for a silver-tongued devil here..).

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay, it's been mulled over enough... The lift is the same one as ab's earlier group buy. It's the 8k lift from Complete Hydraulic for $1750 plus shipping; you can also get any other lift they carry, but would have to call to find the exact pricing. Let's start an official list of confirmed buyers and get this going!

obaa996: 1 lift
srtjob: 1 lift (I spoke with him earlier)

Any other takers? I'm looking for a minimum of 6 people; perhaps we can get a greater break if we exceed the minimum (looking for a silver-tongued devil here..).

What happened to all the interested people?

Dash Riprock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just talked to Complete Hydraulics this afternoon and was told the goup buy has to come through AB. I am going to purchase one regardless. I'd still like to save $100 though. Let me know if there is going to be a group or I'll just pull the trigger nex week. Thanks.

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you guys want me to get another serious group buy together? Who said it had to go through ab?

Yes please. :) You Da man! :2tu:

Thanks

Dash Riprock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys want me to get another serious group buy together? Who said it had to go through ab?

I talked to Brandy at Complete Hydraulics and she said the group buy would have to come through you. I am ready to purchase if we have a group together.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this "new" group buy price 1650 or 1750 and does that include the shipping?

Do we pay Complete Hydraulic direct?

Thanks

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 2 cents:
To anybody sitting on the fence regarding buying a lift, I am here to say once you have one you will wonder how you ever got along without it...
Ive only had mine installed (Rotary) for a month and am LOVING it so far... :2tu:
Good Luck on your group buy... :)
Cheers,

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 2 cents:
To anybody sitting on the fence regarding buying a lift, I am here to say once you have one you will wonder how you ever got along without it...

Amen to that.

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AB has started an official lift purchase please post if you want a lift.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4