4 teasers later...

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think??? If you ask me the first picture looks like a different car shown in the 4th picture...

You must be registered for see images attach

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah they do seem to be different cars between the first reveal pic and last but I think its the angles both pics were taken thats the culprit.

On another note the way the shadows fall over the back of the hood/windshield convergence makes the car look too upright. The greenhouse looks too tall. Im sure its the shadows. Judging from where Stryker is and where that hood may end in the shadows thats one LONG front end. I like where this may be going porportion wise.

Cant wait for Wednesday. I may go after work. Is Wednesday open to the public? If not Ill go Saturday.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The second pic from the front was taken at a MUCH higher angle.

One thing I like is how the extractors on the hood give the car an impression of having horns... hopefully indicating that this will be one diabolic ride!
1!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That fourth pic looks like a 1984 Corvette with some stuck on body molding. Hope that's not the final design.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah they do seem to be different cars between the first reveal pic and last but I think its the angles both pics were taken thats the culprit.

On another note the way the shadows fall over the back of the hood/windshield convergence makes the car look too upright. The greenhouse looks too tall. Im sure its the shadows. Judging from where Stryker is and where that hood may end in the shadows thats one LONG front end. I like where this may be going porportion wise.

Cant wait for Wednesday. I may go after work. Is Wednesday open to the public? If not Ill go Saturday.

The first day of general admission to the public is Friday the 6th.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it's the angle of that last pic but I hate it!!! It looks like an old firebird hood!!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without seeing the actual car or knowing anything about the performance.
Are you the head cheerleader at SRT?
LOL.

I am just very brand loyal and know that SRT will not dissapoint us. Too many people who did not even see the VOI car are bashing the new one based off of a Hot Wheel. I am pretty sure that after Wednesday the Benedict Arnold's will go into hiding.

Bruce

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that after Wednesday the Benedict Arnold's will go into hiding.

Bruce

Amazing you still don't get it. Perhaps the internet is not for you.

All the naysayers (myself included) want the Gen V to be bad ass. We are just saying that based on the recent track record it's a little hard for many of us to have confidence. Ralph made A LOT of worrisome comments, about appealing to a broader market and targeting 911 drivers. To anyone who loves the Viper for what it is that is alarming.

I'll be the first to congratulate Ralph if my worries are put to rest in a few days. There is no shame. Why would we hide? We all participated in a fun debate about the new car while a few "die-hard-any-viper-is-awesome-no-matter-what-it-looks-like-or-what-gadgets-it-has-or-even-what-motor-it-has" people have whined about others expressing concerns. We're all here on a Viper forum, were here to discuss the Viper; not to unconditionally nut swing from the car and those behind its creation.

:D

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing you still don't get it. Perhaps the internet is not for you.

All the naysayers (myself included) want the Gen V to be bad ass. We are just saying that based on the recent track record it's a little hard for many of us to have confidence. Ralph made A LOT of worrisome comments, about appealing to a broader market and targeting 911 drivers. To anyone who loves the Viper for what it is that is alarming.

I'll be the first to congratulate Ralph if my worries are put to rest in a few days. There is no shame. Why would we hide? We all participated in a fun debate about the new car while a few "die-hard-any-viper-is-awesome-no-matter-what-it-looks-like-or-what-gadgets-it-has-or-even-what-motor-it-has" people have whined about others expressing concerns. We're all here on a Viper forum, were here to discuss the Viper; not to unconditionally nut swing from the car and those behind its creation.

:D

What is the recent "track record" you are referring to? I would think the recent track record shows a willingness to continue to build better performance and listening to customers. Saying it will compete/beat 911's is a huge compliment, particular if a track guy. If the interior had the quality of a 911, I for one would be ecstatic. I would love my car to have the steering feel of a 911. the statement to appeal to a broader set of folks is also completely reasonable for a guy responsible for selling cars. He is not talking 20,000 of them, but probably more back to the standards of 3-5k cars like the gen3's sales experienced.

So, like Bruce, we both saw the car at VOI and each sneak peak (other than interior) shows us pieces of that, but we also have the luxury of having the size/proportions to go along with it. We also have the confidence of the track record because virtually everything suggested is happening. The interior shot gave me a huge boost in confidence because that was the unknown. Have no worries on the performance front and I liked the design I saw a great deal.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the statement to appeal to a broader set of folks is also completely reasonable for a guy responsible for selling cars. He is not talking 20,000 of them, but probably more back to the standards of 3-5k cars like the gen3's sales experienced.

Viper has never sold 3,000 to 5,000 per year.....those kind of numbers are the quickest way to ruin the brand.

Bill

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That last pic makes the front hood look really functional from an aero/DF point of view, so maybe the next generation ACR won't need to be as extreme with the additional aero to be as fast. Function has to be a priority as well, and it looks like SRT have done their homework. I'm looking forward to seeing the new design.

It's certainly a step up in the modernization category.

As for performance, if most of the money is put into weight reduction, losing 150-200 lbs would be enough by itself without having to have a huge increase in HP.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper has never sold 3,000 to 5,000 per year.....those kind of numbers are the quickest way to ruin the brand.

Bill

You must explain that comment. "quickest way to ruin a brand is to sell more?"

btw, 1994 sold 3000, 2004 sold 2400 units and 2005 sold 2000. Did the 94 ruin the brand?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked a guy on Lambopower, who saw the car last week, what he thought of it. Dont know how he saw it but I'll take his word for it. Keep in mind he is a Lambopower moderator. With the Aventador out there he still found the Vipers spec "IMPRESSIVE" Here is his reply:

Is it striking? Certainly. The gap issues, at least in what i have seen has been resolved. While it's "new" the Viper isn't new anymore. People weren't expecting it the first time around, but now, people have high expectations. The specs on the car ARE impressive, and i think people will draw some interesting comparisons on the look from the front end. It will be a brute that some people will love, and others loathe. All opinions aside, the price is going to make or break this car. I haven't heard what it is yet, but that will be the key factor.

Last edited:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All opinions aside, the price is going to make or break this car. I haven't heard what it is yet, but that will be the key factor.
That's a pretty good assesment

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comparing the teaser #1, #2 and #4, I think the left lane news rendering is spot on or very close. 1 more day.
You must be registered for see images

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The interior shots definitely look like a car with a six figure price tag, some good stuff there. However the last shot of the hood didn't do anything for me. It reminds me of a late nineties transam.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R