5 point harness installation assistance

Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a five point harness in the GenIII SRT Viper? I am ready to install a five point harness on the drivers side to find there is a few differences. Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far As I know only six point harnesses are available for SRT10's. I got mine from TeamTech. They are very comfortable.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 6 point SRT-10 harness from Teamtech comes with an instalation video.

I just ordered two from Parts rack. They make them to order, and you can choose your color combination. $369 each.

Kai

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SCLS, I have two TeamTech harnesses, but have only installed one so far. The harnesses arrived without the mounting hardware and written instructions. The harnesses and hardware that I have do not match exactly with the video. I received 8 eyebolts for the hardware in a separate shipment after a few emails. The shoulder straps and hardware match and work great. I used the eyebolts to mount into the floor and connected the lap and crotch belts to. The lap belt snaps on fine but the crotch belt does not have the quick clip mechanism on it. The video shows using a regular bolt to the floor. I was under the impression that the harness just unclips in the event that you wish not to drive the car with the harness installed. Mine is such that the crotch belt is one with the car unless you remove the eye bolt completely. Also, the eyebolts do not allow the seat to completely slide back. I have not tried to tighten the bolts further to see if this fixes this issue. I would greatly appreciate any comments or hints that you might have.
Thanks,
Dave

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang