6 point harness bolt locations Gen4

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to install a Schroth 6pt harness in a Gen4...
I installed the 2 eyebolts behind the seat.
I found the 2 holes for the lap belt eyebolts, towards the back of the seat. One near the exhaust and one across from it on the middle console.
The problem however, is I can't however locate the holes for the 2 sub-belts that come up from the front of the seat. First of all, are there 2 holes for eyebolts somewhere? If so does anyone have a picture or description of the location?
Thanks for the info!
Rich

John Baringer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to install a Schroth 6pt harness in a Gen4...
I installed the 2 eyebolts behind the seat.
I found the 2 holes for the lap belt eyebolts, towards the back of the seat. One near the exhaust and one across from it on the middle console.
The problem however, is I can't however locate the holes for the 2 sub-belts that come up from the front of the seat. First of all, are there 2 holes for eyebolts somewhere? If so does anyone have a picture or description of the location?
Thanks for the info!
Rich

Here is a link for when my 6 point harness was installed in my 1994 Viper. These are the TeamTech set that I got from PartsRack.

Gallery :: Viper_svc_10-22-10

Maybe use as a reference, not sure if it will help or not?

OP
OP
R

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, however as my post says, I do not have a Team Tech belt, I have a Schroth belt. The Profi-II6 to be exact.
The sub belts are much shorter than the team tech and do not clip to the same bolts as the lap belts. They need an independent bolt, judging by distance, somewhere right under the seat.
I am looking to see if there are any holes for eyebolts, or where people have hooked them.
Thanks!!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They are probably intended for race-seat applications, where there is a HOLE in the seat bottom, and the race seat is very thin.

Team Techs can be "Viper Specific" (even in Green trim and stitching!) to accomodate the fully-upholstered seat padding, NO cushion holes, double-adjustaibilty (both ends) and use sub-anchors in common with the lap belts.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have Schroths in mine, but only 4pt. Didn't use the Sub-belts. Are you tracking the car, or just for street?

I have the Rallye Cross. It has a standard lock and their ASM system, not requiring the sub belts. They work really well for the street, as they're easier than the camlock and DOT approved.
You must be registered for see images

Schroth is really easy to deal with, give them a call. I have had them in my cars for 10 years. No complaints. I recommend looking at the Rallye Cross, if you plan to drive the car on the street.

You must be registered for see images

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
NOT 3" webbing. Good quality Auto-X belt, I put the same in my '93 in '93. DOT Approved? Not an intertia-reel belt, so dont know how they could be for cars after ~1985.....

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They list them as DOT approved, says it on the paperwork.

I have a Black Magic set sitting on the shelf with the inertia reel. Gotta figure out how to mount it in the Viper.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen2 had such a 5th point fixing, you could find it with a pin through the carpet. Gen 3 does not (or at least my '04 doesn't) I took the carpet up to find its not there! Yet there are the nice pull out trim pieces / access to spare shoulder strap fixing points (which Gen2 didn't have). The seat front is deeper in Gen3, as Jon points out you need a hole in the seat base to use it properly in either Gen2 or 3.