600 HP VIPER AT DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST READ

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ASC isn't DC. I believe the majority of what they do is chop roofs off of cars and make them into convertibles. This concept is about as meaningful as the tasteless ricer crap that is at SEMA every year.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ASC isn't DC. I believe the majority of what they do is chop roofs off of cars and make them into convertibles. This concept is about as meaningful as the tastless ricer crap that is at SEMA every year.

Ditto, having been to SEMA they are often "more show than go".

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would'nt dismiss the McLaren angle out of hand.

Howz about some more Hissstory !

MetalCrafters wasn't Dodge, but they built the first concept Viper.
An early engineer on Viper, and chief engineer on GTS-R, was Neil Hanneman.
After D-C, successful Chief stints at Saleen, and Ford-GT.
[I think I can brag now, he used a certain Viper parts vendor for some used parts on both early mule cars.]
Neil is now with.......
McLaren! SSSSnake DNA is now in the breed.

[ I could not say if he DID order.....But he has NOT ordered any below-radar Viper parts from me since McLaren DANG! ]

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That company works on Chevy, Pontiac,etc.

They aren't DC, and it's more of a tuner car. And at todays standards, it's WAY behind where it needs to be for a tuner car!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B you could also add that Chris Theodore is now Vice Chairman of ASC, which provides some previous Viper connection there as well.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought ASC was the company that produced and painted the entire body panels for the current Viper. Am I right? If I am this is a significant clue to what may be incredible weight reduction in the Gen 4.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ASC does indeed build many of the current Viper body panel parts, so I wouldn't dismiss this out of hand. There are other interesting hints that should make this a car to watch in Detroit...

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ASC is the company that masterminded the folding hardtop on my fabulous 95' Mitsu 3000 GT VR-4 SPYDER. Which looks and works great!
You must be registered for see images

Wouldn't it would be incredible to have them put a folding hardtop (light weight version) on the upcoming Gen IV for track-use and open air rides all in one package. (With 600+ ponies of course.) :usa:

:usa:

:usa: :2tu: GO SRT + ASC!!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like rice, and they couldnt even get the damn intake horns to line up.. *** !! check out the close up, they are all crooked !!

Jon

They sorta line up in a logical way... the front four point towards each other as does the rear four, while the center two point straight up. That said... I can't say I'm a fan of it either. I'm sure in a month, we'll get all the apologists that gets to see it report back with: "Pictures just don't do it justice." :D

0-60 @ 3.5: Impressive, but the ultra supercars nowadays are in the high 2's. Give me a flat 3 seconds, and I will buy it. :2tu:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The intake horns are staggerd as were the old Hilborn fuel injection units on Big Block Chevys. AS for the rest of it, something just looks wrong about that paint scheme.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The paint scheme is just to show off all the weight saving carbon fiber. They should have used a better color though like silver on teh previous Carbon concept or Gunmetal would have been perfect. Right now it has the look of a used cop car like in Blues Brothers.

If it where all the same color it would look better.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let's see a photoshop of this thing in all black or all silver, where is that Austin guy?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456