75 shot....Dynoed

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I finally broke down and went with a NX dry 75 shot. With a base run of 394hp/434tq (a/f at 12 that dropped to 10 quickly)...the gas jumped it to 471hp/555tq. I am very pleased with the results, 77hp and 121ft/lb gain. Mods: Arrow Reuild, Smooth Tubes/Filters, muffler delete, no cats. The base numbers seem a bit low compared to other 2001s with the same mods, but the nitrous makes up for it.

On a Dynojet:

You must be registered for see images attach

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, I am thinking about nitrous for my 01 also. How much was everything together (kit, install, etc)?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow thats some great #'s I did not know a 75 shot gave actually 75 (in your case 77)

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The jets are rated at 35hp each...I think the location is the thing. The two nozzled are right where the air box ends and the smooth tubes begin...so its sucking in air from the pressure. Cost me $750 installed w/ bottle heater and remote switches for heater and arming.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why the location of the nozzels would matter. The direct injection into the manifold makes even more power from what I've seen on race cars.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, DRY ?...too scary for ME to mess with a dry shot of nitrous. better make double sure ya never go lean.

got a WOT switch and rpm switch in it too ? ? ?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of A/F, target A/F ratio with the juice is like 10.5:1 or 10:1... looking at your graph, i'm nervous. no wonder you got so much power... lean and mean!

I would add some fuel and try to richen that sucka' up a bit. that 3k-4500 makes me nervous (not the part where you hit it, but when the AF settles down to 13.

JD

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your base setup has problems - the A/F takes way too long to drop from closed loop 13.5 a/f to WOT throttle, the dyno curve reflects this at the lower RPMs before you hit the NOS - this could have been whoever was driving the car caused this. The HP curve is not smooth and is probably why your base hp is low. Try resetting the PCM, then replace your primary O2 sensors.

I'm also concerned your running way to lean. An NX dry setup requires that the NOS flow across the inlet air temp sensor to fool the PCM into thinking it's really cold out, so it adds fuel enrichment. From what you've described, this is not the case in your setup.

You can get away with ****** on our cars with NOS, as in your case your only adding 7.5 hp per cylinder or so, so your probably OK. But it's still leaner than what I would run on my car.

good luck,
Dave.

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm also concerned your running way to lean. An NX dry setup requires that the NOS flow across the inlet air temp sensor to fool the PCM into thinking it's really cold out, so it adds fuel enrichment. From what you've described, this is not the case in your setup.

How can I do this? Where is the IAT sensor at?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IAT = intake air temp. Little 2-pronged thinggy in the airbox normally. post a pic of under your hood and we can disect it and point.

JD

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd have dodge double check your PCM. We had a stock 2001 or 2002 Viper dynoing under 400rwhp and the PCM was the culprit. It wasn't learning like it was supposed to.

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here some pics..point it out...

And what can dodge do the PCM?...reflash?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9111-med.jpg

i don't see your NX lines, though.

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea.. I was going for stealth. The Soleniod is mounted upside down on the cross member and the foggers are hard to see in the other pic:

So what can I do about getting the spray to pass over the IAT sensor?

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think of it was wet...yea...they should be closer.

What about the IAT sensor? Should I relocated it?

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2001 GTS:

Take a close look, the nitrous comes in at 2900 rpm, what is strange, the a/f at that point does get driven down (not enough though). What i don't see is the typical lean spike when nitrous is activated. I would say they have the smoothing turned up max on the a/f. If you dyno again, tell them to turn off the smoothing on the a/f.

What bothers me, how is the a/f driven down in this dry system. It probably doesn't matter, the a/f is 13.0 at peak cylinder pressure and that is not good. As was stated previously, you are getting away with it because you are injecting so little, relatively speaking.

For reference, in the NOS dry system, at wot they insert resistance into both the IAT circuit and the coolant temp circuit, therefore, fooling the PCM into enriching the mixture. If NX is trying to use the nitrous to cool the IAT directly, there are too many variables for that technique to be 100% effective.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine