94 RT10 Passenger Side Coil Pack Access

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm trying to slowly get my new to me RT10 freshened up and I'm getting ready to do the plugs/wires this weekend. With the windshield cowl off, I looked at the drivers side and don't see any issues there with access but my passenger's side is a different story. There is way to many heater/coolant hoses to even get my hand remotely near the pack to get the wires off/on. I did searches but see that others can access it so not sure why I can't. I'm thinking could it be accessed from underneath the car on a lift? I can take a picture if you need to see the hoses in the way, and those could certainly be removed but I would need to drain some coolant which I would like to avoid if possible. Thanks for any guidance.

DMC94

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The ONE time I chose to change my one plugs and wires I remember accessing the coil packs you mention from UNDERNEATH the car. You literally have to squeeze your arms around the transmission and feel around. After doing that once I let Dan & the DC Performance crew handle it forevermore!

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL, I'm not built like you Steve! :) I answered my own question though, I just took off the blower cover and Viola! I have access to everything including the plugs and if I "feel" for it the wires and coil pack, thanks for the help!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Good...and keep that mirror handy to check your work!!

I'll bet you notice the difference with your recent efforts.