96 B/W in Bellevue/Redmond

regularsavings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Been waiting about 16 years to buy one, and finally was the right time. I plan to be driving it daily on the eastside, so feel free to holler if you see me!

Also, does anyone have any mechanic recommendations in the Seattle/Eastside area? I checked the WAVCA site but a lot of the links are dead or the people seem to be out of business. One thing I'm interested in is having the frame recall done, but have read a lot of horror stories and am apprehensive about it.

Thanks, and hopefully I see some of you around!

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new ride. It looks great and glad your dream of ownership worked out.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, beautiful car. How many miles? Is this a public parking lot you are keeping it in? ALSO it will be daily driver? :omg:

?

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice.
Be careful with the frame recall, it is a very extensive job and you don't want some hack doing it. It is surprising to me that it has not already been done.
There are not many trust worthy Viper shops around here, in fact I cant think of even one that specializes at all with the Viper anymore. I am not a great person to ask because I do all of my own work on my Vipers.

Another thing you will want to make sure and check on is the power steering pulley and bracket, if they have not been upgraded it is not a matter of if but when it will leave you broken down. I have changed a bunch of these for people here in the NW, let me know if you need some help.

OP
OP
R

regularsavings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, beautiful car. How many miles? Is this a public parking lot you are keeping it in? ALSO it will be daily driver? :omg:

?

Thanks -- it has 18k miles. It will mostly be a daily driver barring poor weather conditions. And yeah, it is public parking (I live in apartment, but hope to move to a house soon).

OP
OP
R

regularsavings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice.
Be careful with the frame recall, it is a very extensive job and you don't want some hack doing it. It is surprising to me that it has not already been done.
There are not many trust worthy Viper shops around here, in fact I cant think of even one that specializes at all with the Viper anymore. I am not a great person to ask because I do all of my own work on my Vipers.

Another thing you will want to make sure and check on is the power steering pulley and bracket, if they have not been upgraded it is not a matter of if but when it will leave you broken down. I have changed a bunch of these for people here in the NW, let me know if you need some help.

Yeah power steering pulley is high priority on my list to get swapped, along with motor and transmission mounts.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a ****** as daily driver. Keep it covered on the public lot, some people just do not give a ship about a nice car.

Longdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John at Cantrell Motorsports has done track preparation/maintenance on several Vipers in the area, including mine.