97 GTS and 06 FE Coupe photo opp..

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8430Picture_003-med.jpg

8430Picture_008-med.jpg

8430Picture_006-med.jpg

Got a chance to photo the other two women in my life together, my son was only too happy to drive the GTS up to the school yard for me....

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great photos. I have my '96 and '06 parked beside each other in the garage. I think the '06 makes the '96 look a little dated but I love the '96. I am very attached to the '96 because of the seat time in it. I'm sure the same attachment will come with the new one as I drive it more.

Bob K

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great shot! I still like the Gen 2 better, but I am bias. However, I also really like the new coupe. I'd like to add one to my garage.

I think the Gen 2 body style is timeless, but I hate to say that the Gen 2 stock wheels look dated compared to the new coupe. I think that may be the downer with the car.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics. Good looking Vipers.

The SRT would look so much better if the hood and fenders were one piece and the roof was better molded into the body.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics, great to see the 2 together from different angles, looks fantastic. (I just love the blue / white combo, and straight stripes on new Coupe too, the taper front stripes don't really do it for me!) Tell us more, which makes you want to drive it...so which keys do you find your right hand going for? (curious as I'm GenII or GenI bias) :smirk:

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new coupe really has an aggressive rake/stance. The updated wheels really dress it up.
With that being said, slap those wheels on the GTS, and I'll bet it no longer looks "dated"...
:2tu:

OP
OP
B

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nadine.-Right now Iam trying to put breakin miles on the Coupe, so it is seeing the bulk of the seat time,but, I still spend quality time with the GTS,it is like coming home when I drive it, I feel faster in the GTS for some reason,maybe because I feel the road in it more than the Coupe, they are different cars like night and day, but no dought the Coupe is a Viper, meekness does not equal weakness. I certainly love to watch you race Vipers, especially the B/W ones, you do some great stuff with our cars across the pond, please keep us updated, maybe one day we will see you break 200mph in a FE Coupe.... :2tu:

Bob K, post some pics of you babies, you have some awesome Vipers...

And thanks to all for your positive feedback to my post about my Vipers..

Rick

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
In the front (1st shot) you can really get the sense of an updated viper, but from the side (2nd shot) you can really see where the styling changed (in my opinion dies.) I still think my hatred of the SRT line comes from that angular side scoop and rear - it just screams "neo-Japanese" or "I-wanna-be-a-nismo."

I love that you can clearly see the DCX trend of chopped windows (note: 300C) even on its top car.

I'm not trying to knock your car Blue, it's a fine machine, it just makes me dread what the Gen4 could possibly become.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte