98 to 99 fan conversation is this right?

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yes, right fan. New one lists for $204. But I think that the wizard gives a deal off. you have time to check with him first.
P.S. on mine I had to modify some of the holes to attach as my radiator was different, but it was a plug in

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went from a fan on a '94 to the newer version and had to get a radiator to match.

The studs in the radiator were in different locations. The fan shroud is too thin to simply drill holes in it to mount it, so you end up having to get a "set." Ask or somehow check if your radiator lines up.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a 99+ fan on my 1995. No problems. Just had to rewire and not use the center bottom screw. I do not recall any studs on mine, just screws.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same as Viper SRT, above on my 96 RT/10.

(I installed a 99+ fan on my 1995. No problems. Just had to rewire and not use the center bottom screw. I do not recall any studs on mine, just screws.)

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the one on the left, then the right:
186fan2.jpg
186fan1.jpg

The corner studs might have worked, I forget, but the flimsy shroud material would not let you drill a hole and attach the middle studs.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom those look the same to me. the only thing I cannot confirm is the locations of the holes on the Gen I fan (without digging through my parts bin and finding the old fan). It did bolt right up using 5 screws (3 on top and 2 on the bottom). No studs.

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What's the Mopar part# for the fan on the right? Is this a drop in for the 96 RT/10, or do you have to relocate holes, and adapt the connector?

What's it take to install, an hour?

Thanks

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd shop around for those fans a bit, I payed less than that for mine new from Dave Smith motors in WA. Was like $125 shipped.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey guys,

I was checking out the Roe racing website. They say the fan upgrade has to be used with the fluidyne radiator. I have a 97 GTS, so does that mean that I need to replace my stock radiator for the Fluidyne one? In order for this larger fan to work altogether? Thanks peeps..

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
acrdakota do you have a phone# for Dave Smith motors and a part # for the fan (one on the right correct?)??

Thanks,
Cal

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cal Cobra,
Brian,
The fan on my '96 was basically (not quite) a drop in. If you look at the pictures above, you will see the center mounting hole on the old fan, I had to cut that stud off the radiator. The new fan has a center mount hole to the left of the fan, and my radiator had the threaded location to insert a new stud (I did). The bottom matches up. The plug is different, so just cut and splice.
Later,

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don thanks for the heads up. I think I'll tackle this myself, looks like it's a fairly easy process, just need to locate the best (least expensive :) source for the fan.

Thanks

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like the Mopar part# for the 99 fan module (as they call it) is 4854720-AA. The local Dodge dealers are quoting $224 MSRP, and looks like a couple of them give VCA members a 25% discount (looks like the VCA membership will soon pay for itself :)

Don did the wire colors of the 1999 fan match the 1996 fan?

Thanks,
Cal

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cal,
Now you are taxing my feeble mind - I think so, buy am not 100% sure. I know I didn't have any problem sooooooo.
Must be the same - someone else come to the rescue.
Later,

NTIDOTE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,

If anyone is interested, I have a brandnew 99 fan which I bought because the Mechanic said mine was warped but came to find out it was just hitting the supercharge plumbing. I fixed the problem and don't need the fan. Make me an offer. It cost me $240.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32