A close relative to the viper runs 9s.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
03 cobra on stock IRS (factory half shafts) finally gets into the 9s. Full interior, I guess it could be called one hell of a sleeper.

Right Click and save as

The Video

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had heard about that, and the '03 Cobra is an incredible bang for the buck (expecially with $2-3k in mods). An easy car to get into the 11's, or close to 10's. BUT, if I'm not mistaken, Pete's car is running not only the "normal" mods (megaboost with a smaller pulley, exhaust & intake mods, etc.) but a serious nitrous package on top of that and an auto tranny, isn't it?

OP
OP

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be more than happy to research the cars mod list...but from my basic understanding...he is running the new kenne bell blower package which has been advertised for 4000k. He stated today in a post that the 9.99 run was done with 25lb psi, et streets, and 50 shot of spray.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
03 cobra on stock IRS (factory half shafts) finally gets into the 9s. Full interior, I guess it could be called one hell of a sleeper.

Right Click and save as

The Video

How is an '03 Cobra a close relative to the Viper? The Cobra is a four seater.... pony car, with a modular V-8 and Supercharger.

The Viper is a two seat, closer to exotic sports car... with a normally aspirated V-10?

Don't get me wrong I came really close to buying an '03 Cobra convertible... to sit next to my 1969 Mach I........ but they are not even in the same genus, much less related.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Right Click and save as

The Video

How is an '03 Cobra a close relative to the Viper? The Cobra is a four seater.... pony car, with a modular V-8 and Supercharger.

The Viper is a two seat, closer to exotic sports car... with a normally aspirated V-10?

Don't get me wrong I came really close to buying an '03 Cobra convertible... to sit next to my 1969 Mach I........ but they are not even in the same genus, much less related.

WHoa there big fella. :)

A Viper is a snake and so is a Viper. :)

BTW here is what the car runs:

I run a auto, IRS sus, 50hp Nos , et streets , I think at atco it will run a little faster, I will see.
As you can see in the video I leave super slow IRS ?
then hit nos in 2nd gear, 50hp , I dont want to use more Nos because Its making 25 lbs boost.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kudos to you Michael (Pete?) for pushing the edge of the envelope. I think this further illustrates the efficiency of the twin-screw blower over the roots style. Also, I'm betting that 50 hp shot of nos has a greater effect than that due to the charge cooling, wouldn't you think? I've been waiting for someone to try that with a Roe blower but haven't seen it done yet.

S

sachin

He runs an auto? I thought that the Cobra's didnt come with auto's?

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to know how Ford bred a horse and a snake? Mustang Cobra?

Only Ford would do such a thing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960