A few new mods.

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had my 2008 Coupe for about 5 months now. This is my first Viper and the car has been a total thrill to own and drive. I drive the car as often as possible, I have put 4500 miles on it in 5 months of ownership. I have found only 2 things with the car that I didn't like. One was interior noise and the thought of how much louder it will get with headers and aftermarket exhaust. So I spent a few days this week at one of my friends Car Audio shops removing the entire interior and installing 2 layers of dynamat along with more insulation where the factory carpet would allow it. I am shocked at the improvement this has made to my car. Interior is virtually squeak free and the car feels a lot more solid. This mod is worth the time/energy/money to do.

The second problem with the car for me was it became very unstable at high speeds, front end became very light and the rear was unable to handle bumps in the road at speeds over 140mph. I thought this was an effect of the Eibach springs and a possible bad alignment installed by the previous owner.

Fast forward a few months. I purchased a set of ACR coilovers from Tim Palmer(F8L SNK). Tim did the research and found the right spring combo for my since it doesn't have the ACR's aero package. So I go over to Tim's house yesterday for the install. Upon disassembly we found both of my front shocks were blown and leaking fluid every where. This explained the poor handling at high speeds. Here are a few shots of the coil overs being installed.

Car going on lift-

You must be registered for see images attach

Coil overs going on-

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Tim also installed a set of stainless brake lines and new Motul brake fluid while I was there.

A few shots of the car in my garage. I'll take some better ones when the weather clears up a little. I am going to lower the front another 1/2" or so and I feel the stance will be perfect.

The ride and handling is phenomenal. I am shocked at what a difference this has made. We need to make a few rebound and compression adjustments to perfect the ride. I would like to give a big thanks to Tim for helping me out, he did the entire install himself, he wouldn't let me do anything except stand to the side and ask a lot of questions.

My next set of mods include this guy-

And a few exhaust mods.

Last edited:

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the plate. I had RECOIL in VA at one time but let it go and someone else took it. Shoot! ;)

OP
OP
R

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love the plate. I had RECOIL in VA at one time but let it go and someone else took it. Shoot! ;)

Thanks. The plate was actually one of my friends ideas. It was fitting for a viper and my firearms hobby.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great! I can't wait to get rid of my Eibachs and put a proper setup on mine.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. The plate was actually one of my friends ideas. It was fitting for a viper and my firearms hobby.

;)

Good mods my man, I need to ride in your car in the future to hear the sound difference. I'd never do it to mine, but I'd love to hear the results.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stance looks great, really like the black setup and the wheels. Nice to see someone else who drives their car as it was meant to be.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Building cars with your buddies is what it is all about. Nice work Tim!

I can't wait to drive this car again, see the before/after, and decide which coil rates I'll need for my KW's. Might have to add a few lbs on my fronts, due to the forced induction stuff.

Tony

OP
OP
R

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Really?? And that's not bruising your ass? You might not have driven far enough!

Compared to how the car rode on the stock shocks and Eibach's, the ride is very much improved. Spring rates were picked by some guys that know what they are talking about so I'm happy with it. The rear end is a little stiff on some bumps. If we can't tune that out then we will go a little lighter on the rear spring.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put on kw 2. S. On mine..big big change for better. I had lowering caps on stock shocks before and it was bigtime dangerous at high speeds.those lowering caps are gonna kill someone one day.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had lowering caps and stock shocks/springs on my car for over 44,000 miles. I would say I've driven my car much more aggressively than most, and have never had any issues (and have done 180+ mph multiple times). Eibach springs on the other hand, are dangerous IMO, at high speeds.

RC, car looks good! Glad to finally see some pics of it...since you wouldn't text them to me :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper