A little Borla ACR-X goodness arrived....

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Toddy @ BBG and Tom @ DMS South (Viper Racing). One step towards greatness......:D

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice!!

Are you running any type of headers?

My (American Racing) :usa: BBG ACR-X five into one merge headers are bing built as we speak. My plan is to have a ACR-X "clone" whithout the cage and fuel cell. I am also getting my heads & upper/lower intake done by BBG to help out in the H.P. dept. Then it's gonna be a OS Giken w/ 3:33 or 3:55's in the rear and probably one of the sweat BBG clutch setups Toddy has. Hey, you only live once so might as well go for it!:2tu:

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool!! My REAL BBG headers go off to Jet Hot Monday. Toddy is working the intake this week, should be ready Wednesday.

Reaction score
You guys will certainly be impressed with Toddy's work and attention to detail on your parts, :2tu: :usa: great choice and your right you only live once. :headbang:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exhaust and porting are going to add a ton of HP. The giken is a great upgrade too! Not sure about which tracks you go to, gears are great on the street but can hurt on the track with too much shifting. Take a look at a gear calculator chart to figure out what will work on your tracks. Also, going to 335/30/18's will change your 3.07's to 3.21. Keep us posted on your build. Mike

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My (American Racing) :usa: BBG ACR-X five into one merge headers are bing built as we speak. My plan is to have a ACR-X "clone" whithout the cage and fuel cell. I am also getting my heads & upper/lower intake done by BBG to help out in the H.P. dept. Then it's gonna be a OS Giken w/ 3:33 or 3:55's in the rear and probably one of the sweat BBG clutch setups Toddy has. Hey, you only live once so might as well go for it!:2tu:

Great minds think alike! :2tu:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exhaust and porting are going to add a ton of HP. The giken is a great upgrade too! Not sure about which tracks you go to, gears are great on the street but can hurt on the track with too much shifting. Take a look at a gear calculator chart to figure out what will work on your tracks. Also, going to 335/30/18's will change your 3.07's to 3.21. Keep us posted on your build. Mike

That's what I do for the track. Poor man's rear gear change. :D

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I am actually going to get a second rear differential so I can go back and forth as needed. Not that I plan on pulling it out very often but it just seems like the best option for me right now. I REALLY wish they had shortened 5th gear a year earlier. :rolleyes: I don't know how I'll have fun at Road America and then run at MAM or Hastings with the same setup for gearing. I need to make some more phone calls and get some idea of where I need to be. My plan is to eventually come back out to the tracks I used to race on in California like Sears Point, Laguna Seca, Thunder Hill, Buttonwillow and of course Willow Springs (Big Track). It should be an eye opener going from 2 wheels/slicks & 160 H.P. to 4 wheels/Cups & 600 H.P. :crazy2:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I am actually going to get a second rear differential so I can go back and forth as needed. Not that I plan on pulling it out very often but it just seems like the best option for me right now. I REALLY wish they had shortened 5th gear a year earlier. :rolleyes: I don't know how I'll have fun at Road America and then run at MAM or Hastings with the same setup for gearing. I need to make some more phone calls and get some idea of where I need to be. My plan is to eventually come back out to the tracks I used to race on in California like Sears Point, Laguna Seca, Thunder Hill, Buttonwillow and of course Willow Springs (Big Track). It should be an eye opener going from 2 wheels/slicks & 160 H.P. to 4 wheels/Cups & 600 H.P. :crazy2:

Let us know when you come out to NorCal...If you need a place to store your car or park your tow rig while touring San Francisco or the Napa Valley we got you covered :2tu:

Enjoy your Viper, it sounds like it's going to be a total beast of a ride!

Cheers,
George

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great if you can have a back up diff too. A few guys out here have upgraded thier trans and have a new 5th gear, fairly reasonable pricing. Give us a heads up when you're coming to SCA, a number of great folks here. Willow is a good example for keeping the 3:07, w/3:55's you have to get intoo 5th 1/2 way down the front straight, w/3:07's (and mopar ECU) you can get to 165 before turn 1 braking.

Look us up out here and best wishes on your season! Mike

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want this exhaust, how much, where can I get these?

Contact Toddy Gomez @ Bad Boyzz Garage (916) 505-9026 Price is around $1000 with shipping.
You'll need to either be running the "Factory" ACR-X Headers or have some other way to adapt to the 3" pipe that connects to the elbo or cat if your running them.

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does it sound?

Just do a search on youtubube for ACR-X sound and it should help you make a decision. My car won't be back together till my heads @ intake get some love at Bad Boyzz Garage in Ca.

Keep in mind the ACR-X DO NOT RUN ANY CATS WHATSOEVER!! So if your planning on running them I can't help you out. Lastly those 3" straight through mufflers are only 13" long. That's more than 1/2 shorter than most other systems.

Last edited:

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just do a search on youtubube for ACR-X sound and it should help you make a decision. My car won't be back together till my heads @ intake get some love at Bad Boyzz Garage in Ca.

Keep in mind the ACR-X DO NOT RUN ANY CATS WHATSOEVER!! So if your planning on running them I can't help you out. Lastly those 3" straight through mufflers are only 13" long. That's more than 1/2 shorter than most other systems.

So are you one of the first to get the gen4 head work & intake from BBG?

Keep us posted on the pre to post dyno of the head & intake work.
Do you have a dyno just prior to this work? and if you get a post run, hopefully its on the same dyno.

What's the difference between the Borla ACR-X catback muffler setup you show & Borla SRT10 catback setup?

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are you one of the first to get the gen4 head work & intake from BBG?

Keep us posted on the pre to post dyno of the head & intake work.
Do you have a dyno just prior to this work? and if you get a post run, hopefully its on the same dyno.

What's the difference between the Borla ACR-X catback muffler setup you show & Borla SRT10 catback setup?

I'm not really sure how many others BBG has done to this point but I would say I am one of the 1st to do the whole BBG 700R package.

I am going to have my car on a Mustang MD-500 dyno this Friday to get my "Completely Stock" basline. Then I will send out my heads and intake to BBG for the machine work/blueprinting and porting. I plan on starting a new thread about the project from start to finish probably this comming weekend.

As for the difference in Borla's systems I could not tell you. The ACR-X racing series spec kit I purchased was a "new system" to satisfy the track db requirements and still make the H.P & TQ they were looking for during testing on the gen 4.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan on starting a new thread about the project from start to finish probably this comming weekend.

As for the difference in Borla's systems I could not tell you. The ACR-X racing series spec kit I purchased was a "new system" to satisfy the track db requirements and still make the H.P & TQ they were looking for during testing on the gen 4.

That will be an informative post.

It sounds like the ACR-X Borla is "toned down" on sound db then?

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That will be an informative post.

It sounds like the ACR-X Borla is "toned down" on sound db then?

All I know is they have quite a bit more bark than the stock SRT/ACR system. I will have video in my upcomming thread so you'll be able to hear my before & after. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang