A little surprised ...but not really...

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Sybil, what are you doing floating around the other club? You know they don't appreciate you like I do....Jeff especially :D

Yea, there is something about that desktop photo

I hear there's a Viper in the photo, just haven't found it yet

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sybil, what are you doing floating around the other club? You know they don't appreciate you like I do....Jeff especially :D
******* off some Alley cats. They can't stand that I post there or anywhere for that matter.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
******* off some Alley cats. They can't stand that I post there or anywhere for that matter.

I knew I didn't fit into the "modern family" over there. Cam and Mitch would never accept me. So I strapped an incendiary double entendre to my chest and committed forumcide.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew I didn't fit into the "modern family" over there. Cam and Mitch would never accept me. So I strapped an incendiary double entendre to my chest and committed forumcide.
Yeah, I saw that lol.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They got some guy over at the other club that acts like he's the damn fun police. Goes by Viperbite or some $hit.

VPRBITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How the hell did I come up in this???

And I consider myself the fun F.B.I. Federal Jurisdiction and what not.

Have a merry Christmas. But not too merry. Because as you know, fun can not be tolerated at the city, state, or federal level. Sorry, just doing my job.

VPRBITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And viperjeff, you don't have to commit forumcide or whatever you call it. Just stop showing up. Trust me, we'll make it without you. It will take a lot of grief counseling. But I'm sure we will get over the loss.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And viperjeff, you don't have to commit forumcide or whatever you call it. Just stop showing up. Trust me, we'll make it without you. It will take a lot of grief counseling. But I'm sure we will get over the loss.
VPRBITE, welcome but don't be an ***. If you have something smart to say then start a thread. Don't ride on the coat tails of someone else's thread. You have
just met Broom.

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score

You're on the Viper Truck Club of America???????

What name do you use?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the hell did I come up in this???

And I consider myself the fun F.B.I. Federal Jurisdiction and what not.

Have a merry Christmas. But not too merry. Because as you know, fun can not be tolerated at the city, state, or federal level. Sorry, just doing my job.

Your posts are verbose and boring at the other site. Anytime a thread appears to have a shred of entertainment value you swoop in. I'd really like you to think about what I'm telling you tomorrow while you're sitting around playing on your XBox. Sympathy only lasts for so long......

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I agree that the Viper tends to fall under the radar for whatever reason at shows. There is so little knowledge of them that I think people don't know what to look for. One of the reasons I enjoy taking the car to shows is to educate those that want to know. It still is one of the premiere supercars in the performance world. Why it doesn't get better attention is beyond me, but it is what it is. Mopars always seem to have a bit of a weird stigma to them.

If you want to really feel unnoticed take a 67 Dart like mine to a show. Most people at least know what a Viper is if they look at one or hear the name. I can't tell you how many people have walked past my Dart, stared at it, and still have no idea. I've had people ask if it was a Roadrunner and some kids swore it looked "just like a Nova". Even when you tell them what it is they still give you a blank stare as the name doesn't ring any bells. It's the one I prefer taking though because of all the work I've done. The Viper is fun, but it's more or less stock. The Dart has a 5.7 Hemi, a T56, Viper seats and other modifications. To me it's the more interesting car, even though it's still a bit rough around the edges.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that the Viper tends to fall under the radar for whatever reason at shows. There is so little knowledge of them that I think people don't know what to look for........... Most people at least know what a Viper is if they look at one or hear the name.

I'm horribly confused.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A stock gen I or II Viper will not get NEAR the attention of one tastefully modified. If you have a polished twin screw supercharger, nice wheels, six piston calipers, and eliminate the wretched wheel well gap...people will go bananas over it. I would avoid going over board with things such as diffusers, front splitters, or any type of poser aero bits on these Generations....Dave's salvage Viper over in the Alley is a prime example of that.

Ghosteh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An award or trophy from anything other than a car's marque club (i.e., the Viper Club) is meaningless. Small local shows have judges who are "jacks of all trades, masters of none", and that's understandable. Points aren't awarded for how rare a car is, but on condition. So that 1935 supercharged 8c Alpha Romeo (a truly awesome car that should inspire awe in every car nut) that's been lovingly vintage raced for the last few decades is ALWAYS going to get beat in it's class against a freshly restored Model T. It's just a scratch & dent judging, and doesn't reflect the value or significance of the car.

Sometime in the 1990s, I took a freshly and perfectly restored Yenko Camaro (and I mean perfect... down to inspection marks on the firewall, correct factory overspray, and loose headers in the trunk) to a local show (about 200 cars total, and I think only about 6 in my class) and received 3rd place, with 2nd going to a '68 Mustang fastback and 1st going to a '69 Camaro RS. Needless to say, I was a little stunned, and went to ask about the judging. They showed me the judging sheet, which had points deducted from my car for non-original wheels and aftermarket hood. My only comment was "Do you even know what a Yenko Camaro is?" I left the show upset, but laugh about it now. It shouldn't have bothered me, but I hated the fact that they had no understanding of what my car was. Months later, we took it to a larger Chevy-specific show and won the whole thing.

I still go to shows on occasion, but like others have said, it's more fun to talk to people and socialize than to get into the competition. In fact, I've pretty much adopted the practice of leaving before the trophies are awarded, usually telling a buddy to "let me know if I won anything". Honestly, I don't really need any more plastic trophys (although the silver trays... those make good drip pans! lol!) and just enjoy getting out and exercising the cars.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VPRBITE, welcome but don't be an ***. If you have something smart to say then start a thread. Don't ride on the coat tails of someone else's thread. You have just met Broom..

You mess with da Broom, you could get swept away.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An award or trophy from anything other than a car's marque club (i.e., the Viper Club) is meaningless. Small local shows have judges who are "jacks of all trades, masters of none", and that's understandable. Points aren't awarded for how rare a car is, but on condition. So that 1935 supercharged 8c Alpha Romeo (a truly awesome car that should inspire awe in every car nut) that's been lovingly vintage raced for the last few decades is ALWAYS going to get beat in it's class against a freshly restored Model T. It's just a scratch & dent judging, and doesn't reflect the value or significance of the car.

Sometime in the 1990s, I took a freshly and perfectly restored Yenko Camaro (and I mean perfect... down to inspection marks on the firewall, correct factory overspray, and loose headers in the trunk) to a local show (about 200 cars total, and I think only about 6 in my class) and received 3rd place, with 2nd going to a '68 Mustang fastback and 1st going to a '69 Camaro RS. Needless to say, I was a little stunned, and went to ask about the judging. They showed me the judging sheet, which had points deducted from my car for non-original wheels and aftermarket hood. My only comment was "Do you even know what a Yenko Camaro is?" I left the show upset, but laugh about it now. It shouldn't have bothered me, but I hated the fact that they had no understanding of what my car was. Months later, we took it to a larger Chevy-specific show and won the whole thing.

I still go to shows on occasion, but like others have said, it's more fun to talk to people and socialize than to get into the competition. In fact, I've pretty much adopted the practice of leaving before the trophies are awarded, usually telling a buddy to "let me know if I won anything". Honestly, I don't really need any more plastic trophys (although the silver trays... those make good drip pans! lol!) and just enjoy getting out and exercising the cars.

Hey bud, you still got that Yenko?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm horribly confused.

What I'm getting at is that most people have heard of a Viper at least, but they don't seem to know anything about them (like cylinder count for instance). When I tell people about the Dart they just look at me with a blank stare and don't even know what a Dart is or who made it.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I'm getting at is that most people have heard of a Viper at least, but they don't seem to know anything about them (like cylinder count for instance). When I tell people about the Dart they just look at me with a blank stare and don't even know what a Dart is or who made it.
You know I have found that to be true also, we have a 69 Super Bee and when people see it their first question is always what is it, followed by who made that etc.
I can always gauge my audience by this question " is it a 383, 440 or the 426 hemi. I always know an enthusiast if they ask me does it have factory air? Because
you couldn't get the 426 hemi if your car had factory air.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much into trophy's anymore, but this one I won a few years ago was nice.....

You must be registered for see images attach

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I particularly like that trophy because it was the "Peoples Choice". The organizer of that car show is a customer of mine and two of the judges are friends from high school. We also have a pretty big car club that's at most of the shows and we all vote for each other to secure the win. I actually earned that trophy so it kinda special.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would avoid going over board with things such as diffusers, front splitters, or any type of poser aero bits on these Generations....Dave's salvage Viper over in the Alley is a prime example of that.
LOL........

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the problem is the guys in the big car clubs ie mustang, corvette ect. all vote for each others cars and basically stuff the ballot box. i don't want to say its rigged but a non large car club guys chances are slim

pitdad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go out in your garage and look at your car. Think about how hard you worked to get that car. That car is a trophy.... for a job well done.

Seriously, quit worrying about what other people think. It doesn't matter and will only make you miserable.

Vipers rock!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R