A new viper owner from abroad with pics and video

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me introduce myself properly.
My name is Kees Mets 29 years of age and I live in the Netherlands. Been vipercrazy for years and finally took my money where my mouth is and bought a viper GTS.

Been in contact with snk97 about buying his car, but unfortunately the car developed a problem with the gearbox. The owner was really straight forward and told me to look for a other viper that’s in a better condition as his at this moment.

Then I came across the car from PhoenixGTS which is a solid Silver one, also in the classifieds. Had really nice contact with him, offers a great looking car, but took a while to sort things out, me being abroad was not helping to speed things up.

I was on the point of sealing the deal when I a day before a fellow member of a Dutch car forum called me and offers me to buy his car instead! That car was the reason I pushed myself to finding one and now he offers me to buy his!!??? Well that’s a no brainer off course and the specs will tell you why.

Was really sorry for PhoenixGTS, but being able to buy a car locally, that I already know is just a big plus. PhoenixGTS took the bad news like a real gentleman which gave me a big relief, felt so utterly **** at that moment.

So…….. WHAT did I become owner of??
A dodge Viper GTS wit 19000 miles
1999 all black with a few nice mods:
Heffner 650 Package
Stoptech big brake kit front and back
Full B&B exhaust including headers (could also be belanger headers)
Kinesis 18” wheels 3-piece with Michelin Pilot cup tires
Venzano Interior
VecII
Roe racing Shortshift, fan kit, etc
MGW goodies
Aluminum radiator
Autoform roll bar
3,55 Ring & Pinion with calibration box
Pioneer DVD system with rear view camera
And a lot of extra goodies.

Car is a pleasure to drive, especially over here where there are only a few. Will need to sort a few things out with the alarm, battery and horn, but nothing to worry about.

I still have to take some nice pictures, but here is what I got so far:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

A few video’s, but a lot more will be posted asap
Dodge Viper GTS 650hp on Vimeo
YouTube - Dodge Viper Revs

ENJOY!

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Congratulations on the Viper and you saved enough from not shipping to come visit us in Salt Lake City for VOI11.....:D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the Viper and you saved enough from not shipping to come visit us in Salt Lake City for VOI11.....:D

Fugheddaboudid, I tried to talk him into a few ways of being able to make it but he stayed quite persistant :dunno:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car looks and sound amazing. I m glad you got what you were looking for...

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys and Imran, Good look with your new modifications!!

@ chuck

Heard some good story's about you, so will def be in contact in case I need anything!!

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Fatboy18

Will def. be there like every year. I also did a london tunnelrun in 2007 together with the pistonheads. Keep me informed on nice shows in GB and I will try to come along!

Will also introduce myself on PH asap.

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great stuff :2tu: Also check out the website www.petrolheadnirvana.com I get invited to do a lot of stuff with the guys on there forums :2tu:

Check out my recent thread http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/639243-super-car-saturday.html
A taster of some of the things we do :2tu:

Great stuff!

I'm also member of the Dutch Driving-fun forum and did a nice tunnelrun together with the Pistonheads. Don't remember a viper back then, but hey, things can change!!

Keep me informed on show in the UK or if you guys fancy going to the RING. I then try to come along!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice :2tu: Well as for Germany and the Ring, some of the UK viper owners are IN Germany at the moment! I think they are going on the ring either today or tomorrow :)

Check out the Viper section on Pistonheads ;)

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cannot tell completely, but you might need to change your brake fluid. It looks a bit dark.

Rev

You're correct. Is also on my to do list. The clutch fluid was black!!

Only drive the car in the weekend and not that hard. I want to change every fluid in the car this winter, when I have a more time to spend on the car. I first need to get my racecar in working order again....

Thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice :2tu: Well as for Germany and the Ring, some of the UK viper owners are IN Germany at the moment! I think they are going on the ring either today or tomorrow :)

Check out the Viper section on Pistonheads ;)

I just browsed the pistonheads forum, but I can't make it to the ring this weekend SH!@

Better luck next time.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also got a new picture of the car and a small videoclip.

Picture:
You must be registered for see images attach

And the carp video shot with an iPhone, but you guys get the idea.
God I love this car!!!!

YouTube - Dodge Viper GTS exhaust

Car looks amazing...How big are those wheels? The car sits too low but there's huge gap between the front wheel tire and hood...or maybe it's just the pic...mine has very little gap with 19...

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imran,

Wheels are Kinesis 18"

In this pic the car looks low, but in the front there is a small pavement therefore the car looks lower than it is I think.

The schock are still the koni's with Eibach springs. Think I can use some spacers on the front tho

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the car out of the garage yesterday evening. Was a little damp outside and that resulted in a nice snake on the hood lol

You must be registered for see images attach