A scale 1:18 WHAT??

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remembering that one comment in Jeremy Clarkson's first RT/10 review I consider the following subject ON-topic for this section :D
The comment was that he compared the Viper to an F-14 Tomcat... well... until now people had to combine a 1:48 Tomcat with a 1:43 Viper if they wanted to put the vision into somewhat accurate miniature reality.... come winter 2009 the reality bar will reach 100% BIGTIME:

Welcome to the MilitaryToyshop.com

Yes folks, 3.5' long with about the same wingspan if you sweep the wings outward, retractable landing gear, opening canopy and (IMHO) acceptable detail level!

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I play with the 1:1 scale B-1's at work. I just left Vegas where I got to play with the 1:1 scale A-10, F-15, F-16 and F-22's.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heads up people, as of 8-5 the delivery date is scheduled for the month October :headbang:

***ANNOUNCEMENT: F-14 In Large 1:18 Scale Now Available For Pre-Order. Call Us At 888-848-4690 To Order NOW! Price is $219.99 + $29.99 for shipping and handling***

Good Morning Collectors

This week has been interesting at the 'Cat from a technical point of view. Our website is currently undergoing a complete overhaul and the programmers (yes, several of them) are working feverishly to finish and test what will be our Series IV website. Currently, our tried and true Series III is holding-out in its final days. So what's the big deal? Well, we have a HUGE announcement to make and currently cannot change the website. The VERY LARGE 1:18 scale F-14 is now scheduled to be released in October 2009! The item is NOW AVAILABLE for PREORDER but you must call us at 888-848-4690 between the hours of 8AM and 4PM Pacific to order.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like they are going to make it just in time before this month ends! A little birdie told me that it will be making landfall within the next seven days... HOT DAMN I CAN'T WAIT :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Here are the latest pictures, interesting accessories on the side... sure as heck hope that they will be released separately!

Merit International LLC.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my "Turkey" (as the F-14 is affectionately known because of all the flappering spoilers etc. on landing) seems to have arrived at the customs office today, fingers crossed that it will arrive here before the year ends!

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for a gen 2 red acr

Don't know that one has been made, but you can always make your own.

Maisto makes a Red GTS and a GT2 with the ACR wheels. Buy both and switch out the wheels. It's an easy swap.

If you have questions feel free to send me a PM.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually they did make a red ACR in 1:43, the brand is Eagles Race. It takes forever to locate one, but one eventually found it's way into my collection and is still in the factory shrinkwrapping. Will only trade for a real ACR, otherwise it is not for sale :)
Ok enough off topic, this evening I will post some fun pics of Viper meets Tomcat.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That SR-71 is incredible! I called my wife in to watch the video and tell her I found my new project, and before I was half way through she told me "NO!"

I live on an air base and could probably hide it amongst the B-1's.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1:18 meets 1:18. Unfortunately the leopard spotted paint scheme came this way from the factory :confused:

Note this link to said Top Gear review at 5:20 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMp_o9-0I_g&feature=related[/media]

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads