Accel pedal bounces up?

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced this so I'm posting to see if anyone has a solution. It doesn't happen often, and more-so in autox-ing than track due to the quicker gas-brake exchanges, but occasionally leaving the gas pedal for the brake will cause it to "bounce" up a little bit. The reason I notice is because I'm immediately trying to blip with my heel and when I reach over the gas pedal sort of lands on my heel. Hard to explain but if you've experienced it you'll know what I'm talking about.

I looked at the assembly and you can indeed lift the gas pedal assembly up right off its resting point. Oh, and don't any wiseguys tell me to left foot brake either ;)

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that that was quite possible this weekend as I was adjusting the pedals. There is tension when you step on the pedal but there is nothing to keep it from whipping back up past the point where it would rest unloaded. If you reach down and pull up on the pedal you will see what I mean. Keep an eye on the throttle cable under the dash while you do that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad