Ack!! I just got my 1998 GTS and noticed something...

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My gas pedal assembly seems to be made of Plastic!! Is this true? If so why? Weight reduction? I love the Gen II Cars! Night and day compared to Gen I cars.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations Adam on your "new" '98 GTS! Now you have to change your avatar and your signature to reflect your new baby! Many happy miles!!!!!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats ab on your new love!!!!
Yes it is plastic, but don't worry step on it as hard as you like!
BURNOUT.gif

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only are they plastic, but there is no pin to hold the rod in place that goes through the plastic. My gas pedal has fallen off 3-4 times on my 2001 ACR. Can we say....not safe. I have been waiting several weeks for a new one and I am almost scared to drive mine in the meantime.....

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Adam,
You didn't waste anytime...that Viperless feeling is really bad...is it not? Glad to hear that you are already in a new snake, that's wonderful. Congratualations and be safe!! Call me!!!
Laura
devil.gif

Elite1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2001 GTS pedal came off several times also. I ended up finding a screw same diam... several washers and a nut. Prob not the best solution but that was kinda disappointing on a new car like this. I din't even want to think about letting the dealer have it for this problem since I could see the "problem"
was an engineering one to begin with.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got a 1998 Silver GTS with no stripes. Not a stripes fan. It has 6k on it with the new smell too! Car is pretty much stock. I haven't done much to it. I'm waiting to recoupe from my money I spent on it, so I won't be doing too many upgrades yet..or for a while. But man! It's night and day compared to my other Viper. I got a good deal on it too. I only paid $55k for it. Still under factory warranty. I do have the dread yellow side sills, which I hope is covered under warranty. It feels good to go inside a store and not have to worry about someone messing with it from the inside. Windows are great!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte