Acr 5 Point Harness Recall

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My new ACR has both recalls outstanding, and I plan to have them taken care of soon (as soon as the rain stops). It has both the frame recall and the harness recall.

What does the harness recall entail? Do they actually replace the entire 5 point system (both the floor connecting belt and the shoulder belts?)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As posted by Viper Wizard:

SAFETY RECALL NO. 979 5-POINT RACING SEAT BELT HARNESS

Models:
1998 [SR] Dodge Viper GTS2 Commemorative Edition
1999-2001 [SR] Dodge Viper ACR

Subject:
The 5-point <u> racing</u> seat belt harnesses on about 550 of the above vehicles may not meet the minimum FIA load specifications. FIA is an independent race-sanctioning agency. This can result in an increased risk of injury in certain racing accident conditions, as a belted occupant may not be properly restrained. The standard three-point seat belt harness is not affected by this recall.

GTS2 & ACR Owners if you have replaced your 5-point belts already, either through me or my buddy [jonb], when you get your recall card there is a box to check off that the work has all ready been performed and mail it back to DC.
BURNOUT.gif

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, they change the 5-point belts entirely. The new couplings are black and don't have a hair trigger release as the original red ones. You may want to keep the ACR patches off the old belts before you go to the dealer as spares.

TrainerDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, they change the 5-point belts entirely. The new couplings are black and don't have a hair trigger release as the original red ones. You may want to keep the ACR patches off the old belts before you go to the dealer as spares.
My couplings are black, my patches are on , maybe my frame recall is done, I know Im the 3rd owner, and asked the last owner if he had the frame recall done and he said no, I'm going to check with dodge.